• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Question? What's good in cheap servos these days?

Rusty 73

100cc
Hey Stangflyer , I have had this Transmitter for fours and really have started to get into the guts of it the last two years setting up my two Extra for Imac flying . I would go and look to see if there is servo speed some wheres in the menu but now is the point your going to gasp.
I have had a few issue with the telemetry, scroll dial and adjustment freezing up during operation .
I mistakely sent it to Jeti in Czech instead of to Jeti USA for them to fix the possible circuit board issue .
It was held up at customs for four weeks , customs want every bill from when I purchased to how much I paid for shipping and insurance for the TX. It's there as we speak getting tuned up and after I get it home and pay a boat load for customs , delivery and fixing I will be searching for this . Ah it good to vent about the issue

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey Stangflyer , I have had this Transmitter for fours and really have started to get into the guts of it the last two years setting up my two Extra for Imac flying . I would go and look to see if there is servo speed some wheres in the menu but now is the point your going to gasp.
I have had a few issue with the telemetry, scroll dial and adjustment freezing up during operation .
I mistakely sent it to Jeti in Czech instead of to Jeti USA for them to fix the possible circuit board issue .
It was held up at customs for four weeks , customs want every bill from when I purchased to how much I paid for shipping and insurance for the TX. It's there as we speak getting tuned up and after I get it home and pay a boat load for customs , delivery and fixing I will be searching for this . Ah it good to vent about the issue
Whoa dude... sorry. Man that would really bite. I am glad I went with the Graupner. I really had looked at the Jeti. Two of my friends here have the 16 and love them. Hey, I just thought of something. I will call my buddy John and ask him about the servo speed and how to access it. I will find out and get back to you.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I would love tot but Jeti doesn't post much info in adjusting these things, nothing in the manual or on Espirt Jeti vidios about adjust servo speed .
Wow that surprises me even my 20 year old JR12 x you can adjust the speed. That is a pretty fancy radio I think all you have to do is find it.

Rusty 73

100cc
Snoopy Jeti is very good at explaining all telemetry and how you can set up complex aircraft but they fail to cover the basics of changing the servo speeds . I had to go into the servo adjustment graph to tune out jittering of my servos . I know the old JR you could rduce the gain to accomplish this but nothing in my Jeti setup . I probably missed the info some wheres .

I do have my Dads old Jr 10x radio , it was very advance for twenty year old radio but the programing leaves alot to desire .

Rusty 73

100cc
Stangflyer , there is a fellow pilot that i fly with who enjoys the Grauper radio but he is an IT tech who understands all the programing.
Very much a computer programmers , i like how you can reset the centers of the servos after matching together to get the same throw for each servo , ya Jeti doesn't have this programing .

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Snoopy Jeti is very good at explaining all telemetry and how you can set up complex aircraft but they fail to cover the basics of changing the servo speeds . I had to go into the servo adjustment graph to tune out jittering of my servos . I know the old JR you could rduce the gain to accomplish this but nothing in my Jeti setup . I probably missed the info some wheres .

I do have my Dads old Jr 10x radio , it was very advance for twenty year old radio but the programing leaves alot to desire .
Rusty are right about that I have both a 10 a 12 x good Radios but it is very difficult to program. Talking a serious look aat the new Graupner 32.

Rusty 73

100cc
They are a very good radio about half the price of Jeti , are they service in Canada or the US .
Great bang for the dollar .

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
They are a very good radio about half the price of Jeti , are they service in Canada or the US .
Great bang for the dollar .
Found out that ProRc sells the radio but do know who does the service in Canada. Do not believe anyone does it will have go back to the USA for that.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Decided to pick up six of the ProModeler HV standard digital servos, the DS270DLHV
At 7.4 volts, 245 oz-in and .13 secs for $45 each
http://www.promodeler.com/1400x/1400x671-SPECS/DS180DLHV-1400x671-SPECS.jpg

The specs listed at the site are not correct, they're for the 180 but the 270, at 7.4 volts should be about what's listed above.

I'm going to reach out to my favorite mid-continent MKS dealer for an HV777 for the rudder and a smaller HV for the throttle.

Thanks for the help!