• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What's your build plans for the winter?

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
I flew a friend's 4 star 40 last year. I was surprised by how much fun it was.

I had a blast with mine....it was the last glow plane in my fleet, flew the snot out of it!!! I told myself this is your last glow plane, once it crashes, glow is done.

Soooo I was doing full power rudder drags one day and the grass decided to grab hold real hard on one pass, it slammed into the ground, ripped the tail off, smashed the canopy and the engine went flying off....after it eject all those parts, it went back up into the air about 8 feet, righted itself and plopped back on the ground on the gear.

I never laughed so hard in my life, all the guys at the field were astonished by what just happened. That would have been a great video!!!

I told one of the younger members to go out and grab your new plane, I just want the receiver out of it. He texted me about 1.5 days later and said it was ready to fly again.

Last edited by a moderator:

AKfreak

150cc
I have a Hangar J3 Cub (90"ish) wingspan that I am going to convert to 6S electric. It's a slimer now, but I got it with motor and servos for $20 from someone that just wanted it gone! I love Cubs.

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Well, after a small "break" from flying I am really looking forward to the winter building. I an not 100% sure on everything I am going to build but some fun will be had. I have a 30cc QQ yak that needs to get finished. This one has been planned for a while. Picked up some Hyperion Enigmas on the cheap sale. One to fly and a backup kit. Planning on doing a 48" EF edge or an Addiction X. I already have gear and plenty of packs so that makes it easy. I really want a just for fun slow and low plane so the Addy is really apealing. I have a thing for small planes so I am hoping to pick up an orange 42" slick. I also have some depron parkjets to wrap up and a baby shark that needs gear installed.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Well, after a small "break" from flying I am really looking forward to the winter building. I an not 100% sure on everything I am going to build but some fun will be had. I have a 30cc QQ yak that needs to get finished. This one has been planned for a while. Picked up some Hyperion Enigmas on the cheap sale. One to fly and a backup kit. Planning on doing a 48" EF edge or an Addiction X. I already have gear and plenty of packs so that makes it easy. I really want a just for fun slow and low plane so the Addy is really apealing. I have a thing for small planes so I am hoping to pick up an orange 42" slick. I also have some depron parkjets to wrap up and a baby shark that needs gear installed.
Sounds like a good list there. I was wondering when you would re-surface :p

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
We had a very wet, windy spring her in Michigan. It was dicouraging so I jumped on my mountain bike and hammered on. lost 30 lbs, did some races. I even won a race (beginner) class I had lots of fun. Kept flying foamies over the summer. That is about it! I hope to maintain a better balance next summer. Good to be back.