• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What's your build plans for the winter?

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Hopefully I get my list of builds done!!!...my "plan" is to make more time to fly in 2015.

Only flew a handful of times this year, every time...I was rusty, but got back in the groove after a few flights.

BalsaDust

I plan to rebuild the wings for my sbach45 profile after they came off in flight on the maiden. Then I'm going to design and build a profile Super Chipmunk. Will be based around an OS 46ax with a tuned pipe for power.

Attachments

• crash.jpg
    crash.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 238
  • right side.jpg
    right side.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 259
  • sbach left side.jpg
    sbach left side.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 261

BalsaDust

Poor build on my part. It is designed as removable wings and uses a joiner block instead of a wing tube. Joiner block was supposed to be made of 1/4" ply. I didn't have any ply so I made it out of 1/4" hardwood and under the load of a snap roll it quite literally snapped. I might have saved the other wing and not had to hard of a landing but the one wing that came off had my flight battery in it so the plane went in at WOT with a OS 55AX with a pipe powering it. best said she was humming along at a pretty good speed. Here is a link to the video and some pics of the joiner block and where it failed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IfiJTWOUsY

Now back on topic what are some others winter projects?

Attachments

• joiner temp.jpg
    joiner temp.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 242
  • joiner.jpg
    joiner.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 247

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
[MENTION=3319]cbarnes0061[/MENTION] that was pretty epic :D Sorry about your loss but it did make for a good vid :p

BalsaDust

Yes it was epic. I'm rebuilding the wings though. It did not hurt the fuse one bit other than the stab coming loose and tearing some covering. Hope to have it ready to fly again in a month or so.
I had a buddy drop some swervos off for another project yesterday and he also gave me this nice little Sabre35 ARF from Value Hobbies.

Attachments

• sabre.jpg
    sabre.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 230