• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Xpress does a BANSHEE build...

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Thank you!

I don't know that any more work will be done until next week, heading out to a fly in event this weekend. Sit tight :)

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
It's like I blinked and here I am in the office again. BUT, we had so much fun at the Joe Hunt RC fly in this weekend. My Yak came home with a few more drag marks on it, worth it!!!!

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I hear it's been nasty all over the place...

Another shipment of awesomeness coming in for the Slick today!!! And then followed by yet another on Wednesday.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
That's every day at work :rolleyes: It's just every once in a while, one of those boxes happens to be for me.

Looks like the mail didn't have my package today. Not in a big hurry though, I don't need it just yet. Still have more prep work to do to the airplane beforehand.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Small update for tonight, went over all of the covering again in the event I missed some. No new pictures just yet... More will come tomorrow.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Last night I managed to get the left wing all done up. Aileron hinged and sealed up, ready for the control horn and a servo to go into it. Somehow I managed to get a nice slice in the top of the wing root that cut through the covering, not sure what could have done that :facepalm:

_MG_5550.jpg

For those who haven't done these type of epoxy hinges before, the best advice I can offer is to take your time getting the hinges properly aligned before you actually glue them in place, mark their positions with a marker so you know where they need to slip in place. You may have to do a little bit of working with the hinge slot to get the hinge to slip in easy enough so that you don't have troubles when it comes time to gluing them together- don't make it too loose or you may not get a good bond with the epoxy.

I dip my hinges in a bit of vaseline to keep the epoxy from sticking inside of the actual hinge portion. Use a slow curing epoxy (such as 30 minute or longer) to give you time to get the hinges in place properly, then wipe away the excess epoxy with some paper towels and rubbing alcohol. Clean it up as best you can for a clean appearance. You may want to periodically work the aileron up and down while the epoxy cures to keep any of it from sticking inside of the hinge line.

Tonight I will get the other wing panel done up (after a thorough inspection of my workbench to rid it of any sharp edges that cut my covering..) and then it's onto the exciting parts!!