• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 1/3 Scale Extra 330L Build.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Making progress started the assembly so far so good. Just looking for the odd part but nothing important. Soon I will be able to do a CG check and see if it is possible to balance the plane with out having to add weight.
BDDA45F0-BF6E-41ED-9111-730F6AFEBDE3.jpeg

WMcNabb

150cc
Thanks for the insights. I’ll grab a photo or two in the next couple of days.
Just looked through 400+ photos I’ve taken of this model, and not one shows a good view of the choke arm - go figure!
No worries - I need to pull the cowling anyway to do some minor adjustments on the throttle linkage.

Aluminum angles came with the kit and are threaded into blind nuts all the way around. 6 on the bottom half of the cowling, and 3 on the top half.
These came in handy when I decided to cover the firewall with aluminum sheet, instead of Ultracote.

Finally lowered the Python, and pulled the cowling off today to adjust the throttle linkage.
Interesting fix for the choke arm. JBWeld possibly?

Attachments

• D0C53238-B2F0-4B8C-8034-F6F1ECD78CEF.jpeg
    D0C53238-B2F0-4B8C-8034-F6F1ECD78CEF.jpeg
    226.6 KB · Views: 195
  • B236112D-B8EC-4D07-908F-F1F2A7119548.jpeg
    B236112D-B8EC-4D07-908F-F1F2A7119548.jpeg
    231.6 KB · Views: 178

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well I thought I was reasonable close to the required CG. It turned out the plane is quite tail heavy. When I moved everything in the plane as far forward as I can it barely balanced. I was going to install two 2600 mah batteries but changed to two 4000 mah batteries and it balanced on the money. So now building a removable tray up front so that everything can be fitted and maintained. Now just have to wait for the batteries to show up and the extra weight from the paint that will be added to the cowl will add a little nose weight.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Well I thought I was reasonable close to the required CG. It turned out the plane is quite tail heavy. When I moved everything in the plane as far forward as I can it barely balanced. I was going to install two 2600 mah batteries but changed to two 4000 mah batteries and it balanced on the money. So now building a removable tray up front so that everything can be fitted and maintained. Now just have to wait for the batteries to show up and the extra weight from the paint that will be added to the cowl will add a little nose weight.

Just use some good ol fashion lead paint on the cowl and it will be spot on. ;)

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Making progress started the assembly so far so good. Just looking for the odd part but nothing important. Soon I will be able to do a CG check and see if it is possible to balance the plane with out having to add weight.
View attachment 117013

Plane looks awesome buddy, you do quick work!

Finally lowered the Python, and pulled the cowling off today to adjust the throttle linkage.
Interesting fix for the choke arm. JBWeld possibly?

:oblong: Is it just a servo arm JB had welded to the choke linkage? Whatever works 'eh!