• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

1/4 scale P40 Warhawk

Blazing Wings

70cc twin V2
I use Gorilla Polyurethane Glue. The reason why? Because when I work with foam cores, I want the glue to grip into the foam, creating a good void free bond between sheeting and foam.
And Gorilla Glue is light, you only need little. Been using this for many years, and never let me down.

Blazing Wings

70cc twin V2
Working on something different, between building airplanes. This is a full scale 40mm Bofor Gun I am doing for a customer for his business to be on display for his WW2 themed mini golf and museum

Attachments

• 20210331_123509.jpg
    20210331_123509.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 445
  • 20210331_123523.jpg
    20210331_123523.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 484

Blazing Wings

70cc twin V2
First Pictures received from customer of P40 painted. Always excited to see one of my planes painted.

This color scheme was chosen by customer. His Uncle served in the 14th AF under General Chennault.

Attachments

• IMG_48091.jpg
    IMG_48091.jpg
    497.5 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_48111.jpg
    IMG_48111.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:

Blazing Wings

70cc twin V2
P40 finally at it's final resting place. Received the pics from customer last weekend. Stuka is up too and will post as well. I will take more pictures this weekend when I drive up there.

I am working on a new kit concept on the P40, so it will make shipping and transportation easier. Basically I am going back to fuselage only design and supply wing cores for center section and outer wings. I am working on a version right now for a customer, and I will post pictures when I get the wings built. I have to make a new mold for the fuselage belly section, and hope to have that done soon as well.

Attachments

• IMG_54701.jpg
    IMG_54701.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_54731.jpg
    IMG_54731.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_54751.jpg
    IMG_54751.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 370

Blazing Wings

70cc twin V2
Still working hard on the new 2022 P40 Warhawk 1/4 scale kit concept. I am building this currently for a customer. The wing construction is almost done. Sheeting and glassing should be done next month. Once that is completed, I can fit the wing to the main fuselage and make a new mold for the belly section.

The foam core wings come in 4 pieces. Customer can choose to how he want to build the wings. One, two or three piece configuration. Where I can, I always prefer the 3 piece with the center section built as one. That in my opinion just makes assembly and transportation easier from and to the field.

The reason for changing the design was, that shipping cost are just getting more and more expensive, and I had to make the boxes smaller to save customers the cost. Thank god, most customer come to pick up in person. Also, a lot of people just do not have the room to store or transport such a big plane. Changing the design will allow for easy storage and transportation, and handling.

Best part the kit will be cheaper from the previous model.

The new kit will have:

Gel coated fuselage (2 parts), carbon fiber reinforced
Foam core wings with milled out wheel well
wood sheet for rudder, elevator and ailerons incl. wood to build those parts
fuselage formers
flaps in carbon fiber
cowl with cowl flaps
exhaust stacks
2 piece composite canopy frame
2 piece clear plastic canopy
composite gear door cover

Accessories such as guns sight and wing guns can be ordered with the kit, but do not come with it.

If you want to be on the list to order the new 2022 P40, please send me a PM or email to info@blazingwings.com.

cheers.

Attachments

• 20210722_120429_HDR.jpg
    20210722_120429_HDR.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 362
Last edited: