• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

103" Extra 330SC Building, Flying, and Questions

djmoose

70cc twin V2
Thanks to Jim and Joe Smith for helping me get my 111 running correctly in my 103:

Attachments

• 103pose.jpg
    103pose.jpg
    382.7 KB · Views: 220
  • 103working.jpg
    103working.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 225
  • tnflilarge104crop.jpg
    tnflilarge104crop.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 218
  • 103largeflipsm.jpg
    103largeflipsm.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 233

djmoose

70cc twin V2
I lost one of the 4 during a flight in TN this past weekend. I'm seeing if using neoprene washers help.

Bivens

50cc
I knocked one out in my 120LX and used a 4/40 brass threaded insert from ACE hardware....a small brass bushing...threaded 4/40 on the inside....lag bolt thread around the outside...works very well.

I've also successfully re-installed a blind nut in a 119 wing by running a string down through the hole with a music-wire weight on the end....putting the blind nut on the wire at the wing root....then bending the music wire to hold the nut on...pull the string up the wing and seat it in the wingtip....use a 4/40 and big washer to fully seat it....then thin CA to make it permanent....after the CA dries...a 4/40 tap to clean the threads....done.

You can thin CA the factory ones and then clean the threads with a tap....to make sure no more fall out.

I always seem to knock them out by having a screw loosely threaded in and bumping the screw inward....

gyro

GSN Contributor
I knocked one out in my 120LX and used a 4/40 brass threaded insert from ACE hardware....a small brass bushing...threaded 4/40 on the inside....lag bolt thread around the outside...works very well.

I've also successfully re-installed a blind nut in a 119 wing by running a string down through the hole with a music-wire weight on the end....putting the blind nut on the wire at the wing root....then bending the music wire to hold the nut on...pull the string up the wing and seat it in the wingtip....use a 4/40 and big washer to fully seat it....then thin CA to make it permanent....after the CA dries...a 4/40 tap to clean the threads....done.

You can thin CA the factory ones and then clean the threads with a tap....to make sure no more fall out.

I always seem to knock them out by having a screw loosely threaded in and bumping the screw inward....

Great advice Bivens :)

Bivens

50cc
6" piece of music wire....string taped to it about 1" up on one end....keep the tape/string small diameter so you can drop it down through the hole you want to restore a blind nut into...