• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

103" Extra 330SC Building, Flying, and Questions

Letzrock

50cc
This is what is confusing me. Im dealing with 8 channels so It looks to me that I am 1 short.

4 channels for ailerons
2 channels for elevator
1 channel for rudder
1 channel for throttle

I still need 1 for my ignition cutoff right?

gyro

GSN Contributor
I didn't make the connection on the dx8 limitation.
You "could" use one channel for each wing, and split out the power wires like was suggested earlier. By ensuring each servo has its own source of power, no reason each wing couldn't share a "signal" wire. The powersafe 9 channel ar9110 would allow for this.

Letzrock

50cc
I didn't make the connection on the dx8 limitation.
You "could" use one channel for each wing, and split out the power wires like was suggested earlier. By ensuring each servo has its own source of power, no reason each wing couldn't share a "signal" wire. The powersafe 9 channel ar9110 would allow for this.

I have read that you can mix with flaps on a dx8 and run 4 aileron servos. So if you were in my position would you just share signal wires or go with another receiver and a power expander?

gyro

GSN Contributor
I have read that you can mix with flaps on a dx8 and run 4 aileron servos. So if you were in my position would you just share signal wires or go with another receiver and a power expander?

If I were in your position, i would buy a dx9 and sell the dx8 in classifieds. You'll get most of your money back and it solves the problem for future as well as this airplane.

If above not possible, then id share servo signal wires. Setup here is critical however, so patience and servo tester would help greatly.

Letzrock

50cc
If I were in your position, i would buy a dx9 and sell the dx8 in classifieds. You'll get most of your money back and it solves the problem for future as well as this airplane.

If above not possible, then id share servo signal wires. Setup here is critical however, so patience and servo tester would help greatly.

If I buy a new radio I will just bite the bullet and get a dx18. I'm in no big hurry to build this plane I have been waiting all summer for the air frame. I thought I would just build it over the winter and buy a little at a time. Here is my plan for equipment.

Da 120
32oz fourtitude tank
Hitec 7955 alieron,elevator
Hitec 7950 rudder push pull
Power safe rx running 2s lipo
Power box ignition cutoff

What do you think?

Have you tried any of the servo arms that taildragger sells?

Diggity

70cc twin V2
If I buy a new radio I will just bite the bullet and get a dx18. I'm in no big hurry to build this plane I have been waiting all summer for the air frame. I thought I would just build it over the winter and buy a little at a time. Here is my plan for equipment.

Da 120
32oz fourtitude tank

What do you think?

Just get a Matchbox, that will solve your problem.

gyro

GSN Contributor

Da 120
32oz fourtitude tank

What do you think?

I like the dx18 a lot... I bought one and sold my dx8 to make up the difference. I really like the extra programming features and gimbals are SMOOTH!

Just get a Matchbox, that will solve your problem.

Duh! Why didn't I think of that! He'd need two, and I think they're usually sold in pairs anyway.

Good idea Diggity!