• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 20cc Edge 540 Profile “The Glitter”

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Yes PM me your email.

I wouldn’t trust 5/8” for wing tube on this size plane. Did you look at tnt landing gear.
I don't like aluminum, had some bad experiences with them. I know there is a place that carries these in every size just can't find or remember them. But I will eventually.

Alky6

150cc
F3A unlimited has a bunch of different sized carbon fiber tubes and sleeves. So does JTEC.

Looks like I may just have to join in on the fun!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Made a little progress got the 0.602 tube on order and found a 17 mm good carbon tube for the wing depending on how much the tube goes into the wing, may have enough sleeve need to get the PDF printed for measurements. May some landing gear but again need to print the PDF to determine the gear length. Having fun and looking forward to everything except cutting out parts done that once to often but it needs to be done.

Last edited:

BalsaDust

Made a little progress got the 0.602 tube on order and found a 17 mm good carbon tube for the wing depending on how much the tube goes into the wing, may have enough sleeve need to get the PDF printed for measurements. May some landing gear but again need to print the PDF to determine the gear length. Have fun and looking forward to everything except cutting out parts done that once to often but it needs to be done.

If looking for a metric sized wing tube then look for at least a 19mm OD tube. Smaller might be fine if you just plan to do low and slow stuff but if this plane flys as it should and it should it will be much like the other versions of the glitter and will be able to really WAD up tight doing crankshafts and such so you will want the extra beef of at least a 3/4" tube.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks for that I do fly a lot, build as strong as possible with out adding weight but have to admit this plane will be flown as a rental.

Last edited: