• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 35% Krill Extra 330SC....CUSTOM-ARF!!!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ok Earle, I usually heavily restrict and limit the use of my next comment. But after spending time reading all your recent updates on your build of this beauty, I can clearly see the comment is most definitely warranted.

"I simply am not worthy"!
praising-the-lord-smiley-emoticon.gif

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Looking good earl. You get your raven fixed? Im still waiting on parts for mine.:(
Yep...all fixed and flew it last weekend a bit. Glad to have it back in flying condition. Also found motorbox bottom loose, pipe mounts busted and a couple other fatigue cracks in ply structures. All good now!!!

Eric...my pants stop when they hit the floor!:brian-banana:

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Yep...all fixed and flew it last weekend a bit. Glad to have it back in flying condition. Also found motorbox bottom loose, pipe mounts busted and a couple other fatigue cracks in ply structures. All good now!!!

Eric...my pants stop when they hit the floor!:brian-banana:
:laughing:

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
For a choke lever I like a push/pull rod....easy, foolproof, and no servo needed.....but I DIDN"T want to cut/drill my cowling and have it sticking out below!

So...I extended the DA choke arm a bit, for extra leverage and hooked it to a CF rod epoxied into a ball link. Made up a little guide which is glued inside the cowling air exhaust opening, so that the end of the rod is easy to reach and pull for choke on/push off. Works like a charm and can't be seen unless you lay on the ground beneath the plane.
DSC00935LR.jpg DSC00944LR.jpg DSC00946LR.jpg DSC00949LR.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
For a choke lever I like a push/pull rod....easy, foolproof, and no servo needed.....but I DIDN"T want to cut/drill my cowling and have it sticking out below!

So...I extended the DA choke arm a bit, for extra leverage and hooked it to a CF rod epoxied into a ball link. Made up a little guide which is glued inside the cowling air exhaust opening, so that the end of the rod is easy to reach and pull for choke on/push off. Works like a charm and can't be seen unless you lay on the ground beneath the plane.
View attachment 2168 View attachment 2170 View attachment 2172 View attachment 2167
Cool...... I like.