• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 35% Krill Extra 330SC....CUSTOM-ARF!!!

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Earle I took your advice and jumped on board!

I'll be doing a build of my 1/3 scale Harvard (AT-6) over here. It has a Moki 250cc going into it.
Winter has come to us up here in Canada so I have lots of "Building Time" available.
Hells yeah. Another awesome build thread. Can't wait.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Ok...:focus:.... ;). My Krill came with only one phenolic rudder horn and on slot in the rudder. I personally like the security of two horns to capture the ball ends. Since I had some nice AC grade aluminum the same thickness as the phenolic I decided to make new horns from that. Bonus is the ability to polish the aluminum!!!

While I was at it I made another one for mounting on the bottom for tailwheel steering. Pardon the pic showing wire connections....just temporary! Compression springs will go on the finished bird.
DSC09624.JPG DSC09625.JPG DSC09626.JPG DSC09631.JPG DSC09632.JPG DSC09634.JPG

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
And what the heck....while I was in the mood for carving aluminum I went ahead and did 12 horns for the ailerons and elevators.
Alum horns.jpg Alum horns - pile.jpg

All of the horns will be epoxied into place after the final painting is completed. It's just WAY easier to sand, prep and paint the control surfaces without these things sticking out.