• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 46'' AJ yak 55

Wow...that is a great feature. I'm really enjoying this website and look forward to learning much as I begin my journey into 3D.

By the way, I bought a Dubro 2" white spinner today and an APC 13x6.5 prop. I have plenty of 3S 2200mah batteries to use. Looks like the spinner will be a good fit for my Yak.

Last edited by a moderator:

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
Wow...that is a great feature. I'm really enjoying this website and look forward to learning much as I begin my journey into 3D.

By the way, I bought a Dubro 2" white spinner today and an APC 13x6.5 prop. I have plenty of 3S 2200mah batteries to use. Looks like the spinner will be a good fit for my Yak.
Yep, should be a great size for the yak. I tried both the 13x6.5 and 14x7 and preferred the 13x6.5. Both were electric wood props. I highly recommend a good electric wooden propeller such as XOAR or Falcon. Anyhow, the 13x6.5 was the best prop on it. Also remember to fly it with the sfg's, without them it will not easily do 3D moves. However it is a great pattern bird with them off. That is what I loved about the 46 yak. It was like two planes in one. A 3D monster that is vary precise with the SFG's on and a precision beast with them off. I hope to get a 60'' yak55 this winter if I have the cash for it.

Yep, should be a great size for the yak. I tried both the 13x6.5 and 14x7 and preferred the 13x6.5. Both were electric wood props. I highly recommend a good electric wooden propeller such as XOAR or Falcon. Anyhow, the 13x6.5 was the best prop on it. Also remember to fly it with the sfg's, without them it will not easily do 3D moves. However it is a great pattern bird with them off. That is what I loved about the 46 yak. It was like two planes in one. A 3D monster that is vary precise with the SFG's on and a precision beast with them off. I hope to get a 60'' yak55 this winter if I have the cash for it.

Hobbytown here has a good selection of APC and other plastic props but not so much wood props. Figure I'll fly circles with the APC prop until I can get a wood one.

Gyro and 3Daddict....Did you guys have to place a washer on the motor shaft so the spinner would not drag on the cowling? What did you use as the shaft size is an odd ball 15/64"? Would it be better to space the motor forward until the spinner clears? One other option would be to remove the black portion of the cowling behind the spinner which would allow tons of air to the electronics. No spinner backplate clearance issues doing it this way.

SnowDog

typical action in this case is to use spacers on the four motor mount poles to move the motor forward enough to provide enough of a gap to provide clearance.

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
I did not put the black piece on. I wanted all the airflow I could get to keep the electronics nice and happy.

1/4 inch spacers re too long so looks like 3/32 should the the right length.

Black piece has been glued on by the original owner and cutting it out doesn't look like a fun job plus what it would look like when done.