• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 60" Yak-55

Elliodm

New to GSN!
I am looking for some suggestions on setup for this plane. I have one on the way! I have an idea what I'm gonna go with but was wanting to see what others with this plane are running. I'm wanting something wear I don't have add a lot of lead to get the cg wear it needs to be. Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance. And also how does it fly?

Last edited by a moderator:

speego

New to GSN!
Hi Elliodm,

My setup is the following, the CG of the 6S Battery is next to the wing tube, as the manual state, no issues here with the CG... I have been flying a 3DHS Edge 58", so this YAK 55 is less crazy but FUUUUNNN to fly. Personally when I like to fly Crazy Abuse 3D I choose the Edge, when I like more calm 3D I use the YAK, still the YAK can hold good level of abuse but I like the way soft fly, soft Rolling Harriers and other soft tricks... you wont regret this plane:

Motor: Motrofly 4315-480kv (no spacers needed)
ESC: CASTLE CREATIONS CREATION EDGE 100 LITE
BEC: CASTLE CREATIONS CREATION CC BEC PRO 20 AMP12S
Battery: GensAce 6S 2700 mah 25c
Servos: Hitec HS-5245MG all around
Prop: Xoar 15x8 PJN Electric Series Beechwood Propeller
Spinner: Great Planes Spinner 2-1/2" Nylon White
Extras: Dubro Arms, Servo Extensions and safe Locks.

Have fun with it ;)

Elliodm

New to GSN!
Thanks for the suggestion! That's about what I had planned for setup. How long of flight times are you getting and how's the power with this setup?

speego

New to GSN!
I have my alarm to buzz at 3.4V since the esc will cut out at 3.3V.... I have set my remote alarm to 6 min 30 sec, most of the times i get my 6m30s and land without alarm going on 7 minutes, but when i fly aggressively, a lot of torque rolls and full powers climbings and tricks i get false positives then i turn around calm and the alarm stops, apparently from what i read that drags then recover..... But bottom line... 6 min 30 sec is my number....... Btw.. My packs are 1.5 year old, so i am planning to change them, maybe will get more minutes ;).... Hope less false positives with the new ones....

Power: 6S = insane.... I have to change the prop to 15x8 from 15x7 to reduce the torque, too much for me, on toque rolls it pushes the circle even your aileron is all the way stopping the loop. With 15x8 i have corrected that... But is how i like it, you will find other suggestions ;) from more experinced guys.