• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 70" Velox

SnowDog

I have got to get into the man cave and work on my DLE 30 Velox...

Yes, you do! I was at a buddy's field last Sunday and he was flying a 70" Velox on a DLE-30 and it was rockin!
I think you are really gonna like how it flies! I know I enjoyed watching him fly that thing around.

hosam

70cc twin V2
that's it... I am locking my self in the cave and ignoring the wife and the crying baby until I am done... lets see how long that lasts :popcorn:...

robj

70cc twin V2
The prices seem to be almost back to normal. I'm not sure I want to get another one, though. There are better options now.

Dunno, quick check and $160 is the cheapest I see. Espirt still 180. I bought mine for just over $100. Hard to beat a quality motor, 12oz weight, and 2000 watts....if it was still $100. :)

nsg

30cc
Dunno, quick check and $160 is the cheapest I see. Espirt still 180. I bought mine for just over $100. Hard to beat a quality motor, 12oz weight, and 2000 watts....if it was still $100. :)

rcdude has it at $120. I think he ships for free over $100.

Scorpions were okay motors, but the spectacular specs were mostly caused by very aggressive rating for current, power, etc. They also cut the corners with things like bearings, structural rigidity, etc. The savings were applied towards a fairly aggressive marketing campaign :)

My motor failed because the can wasn't rigid enough for Velox-style 3D. Compare to Ken's policy wrt MotrolFly motors. When he realized 3625 wasn't rigid enough for 3D, he posted a notice on his website. I'm sure it didn't help his sales short-term, but he certainly got my business long-term.

hosam

70cc twin V2
+1,000,000...

I have owned all kinds of electric motors in the last 8 years and will not use anything else but Motrolfly.

robj

70cc twin V2
Then I guess I won't say how my $45 bigfoot 110 has about 300 flights on a 72. :facepalm: Just another motor war. :( But my other motors are Motrofly and anything new will be. Ken has done me good to. Been done with Hackers.

But 2 years on Velox, that ain't to bad really. Unless it only has 20-30 flights on it. I put over 400 on my 70 and I bought the plane used. :)

nsg

30cc
As far as equipment wars go, I'm a libertarian and a pacifist.

OTOH, I hate it when marketing wins over engineering. I'm, after all, an engineer.

hosam

70cc twin V2
Then I guess I won't say how my $45 bigfoot 110 has about 300 flights on a 72. :facepalm: Just another motor war. :( But my other motors are Motrofly and anything new will be. Ken has done me good to. Been done with Hackers.

But 2 years on Velox, that ain't to bad really. Unless it only has 20-30 flights on it. I put over 400 on my 70 and I bought the plane used. :)

some of us get lucky I guess Rob... unfortunately I have been burnt just too many times and the last one (one month ago) cost me a motor and a plane (total cost to damage $300).

OTOH, I hate it when marketing wins over engineering. I'm, after all, an engineer.

as an automotive engineer I can not disagree any more...

Yes, you do! I was at a buddy's field last Sunday and he was flying a 70" Velox on a DLE-30 and it was rockin!
I think you are really gonna like how it flies! I know I enjoyed watching him fly that thing around.

What did he have to do to get it to balance? I had problems with my first Velox on the Mintor 22 with a 3 servo tail.