• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 87" Extra 300 SHP

aronph

70cc twin V2
copy/pasted from rcg....wanna know what you guys think....
yping on my fone so forgive the grammar...a ways back i had an issue with my da50...long story short...the fuel fitting thats in the reed valve spacer was pointing up and with a fone call to da they told me it needs to point down whether the cylinder is up or not...the dle55 has a similar fitting in a similar place....the manual for the da AND the dle dont say anything about it...if i mount the 55 in my 87 the fitting in the reed valve spacer will be on top, which is what caused the issues on my da50....does anybody know for sure if i need to flop the block around so the fitting is on the bottom?

robj

70cc twin V2
87 final (1).JPG87-carb-spring.JPG87-power-safe (2).JPGOk so, I have a dle55. Vess 23a, getting tops about 7200rpm. Ain't messing with it. On your above post, I did have to flip the carb. flip everything including the reed block and gaskets.

I run a 17oz Fiji just about touching the wing tube. I have a tech area on the left side of the MB, and the ignition on the right side. 3.5" or so CF spinner. Ar9100 power safe is right in front of the pull-pull servo. I have a pair of 2200 2s that run it all. they are mounted up high in the frame, about even with the rear of the fuel tank.

I modeled mine after another I flew. I've never tested the CG on sticks. It is slightly nose heavy when inverted. I can't tell any difference at the beginning or end of the flight as to the CG. I usually have about 1/4 tank left.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Aside from a 20oz tank in mine and a 23x8 Xoar, we have the same setup, and from the way it sounds, the same CG (slight nose drop)

Manta

70cc twin V2
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369675516.425709.jpg
Put the sfgs on this morning, got about 5 flights so far and its a different plane with them. I likey!
Harrier almost good as slick.
Got KE mixing pretty well straight. Pop tops like a boss and does some neato screamers. :). Lunch break over, back to flying!