• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 87" Extra 300 SHP

gyro

GSN Contributor
Had a wheel fall off on mine again. Talk about crappy luck. Was able to make another wheel off landing on the grass field without incident.
Going to follow Jim Smith's advice, and cotter pin the damn things, this is ridiculous!

Manta

70cc twin V2
Had a wheel fall off on mine again. Talk about crappy luck. Was able to make another wheel off landing on the grass field without incident.
Going to follow Jim Smith's advice, and cotter pin the damn things, this is ridiculous!

ouch! Whew,glad you got her down ok again. Throw up a pic of your cotter pin upgrade if you dont mind when you get er done.:banana:

I'm really digging this extra now since SFG's went on. Wasnt comfy at SEFF without them but its hard to be comfy flying amongst so many really great pilots.. :scaredchair: The more i fly it the more I think it flys better than my red one I had.. (May be more flying time since tho) My red one was my first 50cc..
I was scared to death of it lol.. This one flys like a big old foamy. Got vid processing of one of the flights today on it. Nobody filmed me but I filmed Powerlines flying it. Hes got the Extreme Flight 50cc extra. So it was fun to fly them back to back.. Love them both before anyone asks... They are awesome!!

aronph

70cc twin V2
+1! I am so excited to get mine going! I still need a throttle servo, ignition kill, and rx batts.

I have two EPbuddy A123 packs that I'm not going to use and a handfull of standard size Futaba digis...what kind of packs/servos are you going for?

zmonster97

I have two EPbuddy A123 packs that I'm not going to use and a handfull of standard size Futaba digis...what kind of packs/servos are you going for?

I'm going with an HV setup. I'm using HS-7954sh servos and 2 glacier 2s 2200mah lipos. Thanks though!

robj

70cc twin V2
ouch! Whew,glad you got her down ok again. Throw up a pic of your cotter pin upgrade if you dont mind when you get er done.:banana:

Somewhere I thought I had a picture but can't find it. I'll try and remember and shoot one. But it's simple. Drill a hole in the collar while it's in a vice. The collar is fairly soft. Locate a couple small cotter pins to get the hole size down, maybe 1/32 or so, not to big. Then lock the collar on the shaft in the proper position. Drill through the holes you drilled earlier. Install cotter. Enjoy knowing you will not loose a wheel anymore. I did mine on the 87 and 103 in the initial build.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Somewhere I thought I had a picture but can't find it. I'll try and remember and shoot one. But it's simple. Drill a hole in the collar while it's in a vice. The collar is fairly soft. Locate a couple small cotter pins to get the hole size down, maybe 1/32 or so, not to big. Then lock the collar on the shaft in the proper position. Drill through the holes you drilled earlier. Install cotter. Enjoy knowing you will not loose a wheel anymore. I did mine on the 87 and 103 in the initial build.

Yeah, that is exactly how Jim Smith described it to me... I've just been a little lazy about getting it done.
Would still like to see the pics you took though.

-G

robj

70cc twin V2
Easy as this!! I need some new rubber!! Actually that wheel pant has rubbed off and on since I pinched it on the maiden! :) Also the gassers time is about 99% on concrete. wheel-pin (1).JPGwheel-pin (2).JPG