• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 89 slick

Santi8

70cc twin V2
I want mine already! It's looking like it might be brought down mid January, but I'm still hoping someone calls me that is coming south for Christmas!

Santi8

70cc twin V2
Gary, those pink cells are indeed the ones we were talking about on the phone the other day... You charge them in the plane? All the giant scale guys seem to heavily recommend the fromeco packs.

gyro

GSN Contributor
yep, never removed them. I just unplug the deans from the smartfly board, and charge them.

Rick dazzler

70cc twin V2
Hey guys.. When can we expect to see some more slicks??
I sold my 104" I built this spring like a dummy:banghead: I Kinda think the 89" would be awesome with an eme 60..
Biting at the bit to buy:veryshocked:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hey guys.. When can we expect to see some more slicks??
I sold my 104" I built this spring like a dummy:banghead: I Kinda think the 89" would be awesome with an eme 60..
Biting at the bit to buy:veryshocked:

According to Noll on the 3dhs podcast, and what he posted in the info thread, they'll have some on the January container!!

On another, and very exciting for me note, all my powered electronics survived my 89's 45 minute swim. All the servos were fine right off the bat, and Smartfly board and rx dried out for a few weeks in a bag of rice, and also were ok. The fromeco relion batts also did fine :)
Now I just need to test the ignition, and she'll be ready to fly again!!!

Santi8

70cc twin V2
Just got to chicago and saw my 89 for the first time!
Pardon the lack of smile, I was up at 3am this morning to drive 9 hours to surprise my parents! I'm thrilled on the inside!
a5390123-17-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356218527.607061.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
Just got to chicago and saw my 89 for the first time!
Pardon the lack of smile, I was up at 3am this morning to drive 9 hours to surprise my parents! I'm thrilled on the inside!
a5390123-17-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356218527.607061.jpg

Couldn't even FAKE a smile? Jeez.... :p