• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 89 slick

Santi8

70cc twin V2
Buwahahahahah. Epic post!

Agree- I laughed pretty hard when I saw that! My face more resembled my wife's when she just saw the plane loaded up in the car... We have one of our dogs in the front seat with us! Sorry baby!

quadracer

100cc
I'm using Savöx (1258tg's) in my 72 and my 6HV (1258tg's and a 1290mg in the tail). I am happy with them in those birds, so I'll be happy to hear how their bigger units work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diggity

70cc twin V2
I'm sure some people my think differently, but I have been using the 1256 tg's on my 89 with swb arms. I have at least 60-70 flights on the 89 and stilling going strong. Love them!! They only complaint that I would have is that they are not high voltage, so I have been running a123's for my receiver packs.

Santi8

70cc twin V2
The 1256's are $80, might as well just get the 7955's for $80 and run them on a 2s unregulated!

And Gary, the savox you mentioned is $95 and performs similar in speed with a bit less torque than the 7955's... You trying to stick with savox?

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
The 1256's are $80, might as well just get the 7955's for $80 and run them on a 2s unregulated!

And Gary, the savox you mentioned is $95 and performs similar in speed with a bit less torque than the 7955's... You trying to stick with savox?

Nah, moving the 7955s from my slick into my 106", and was considering alternatives for the slick... But just worked a deal for some HS-7954THs, so problem solved.

Diggity

70cc twin V2
I got the 1256's for $65 ea. They are a very affordable digitabl servo. But yes, I would go with the 7955's if your wanting a 2s lipo setup

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
1256TG's working out real good in my 87" Extra. Send a PM to Bemeson on FG as he is a dealer that gives good deals on Savox.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Had an amazing flight on my 89 just now, the first one since the big swim of 2012.

Humberto did an amazing job fixing the firewall and repairing the engine from the water. She pulls harder than ever before.... Not too bad for a DLE 55. Would really love to see an EME 60 though.

Either way, I'm smiling ear to ear since my Slick flies again!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358626556.184825.jpg