• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 89 slick

Quick question on servo choice in this aircraft. It came with Spektrum 6030's everywhere, but I am a little leary about the power. I have quite a few servo choices, but if its not needed I may just leave them be. So does anyone else use theese servos in there slick ? Is it enough power or should I be looking to put somthing else in ?

Zach

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Quick question on servo choice in this aircraft. It came with Spektrum 6030's everywhere, but I am a little leary about the power. I have quite a few servo choices, but if its not needed I may just leave them be. So does anyone else use theese servos in there slick ? Is it enough power or should I be looking to put somthing else in ?

Zach

Why not give it a fly and see what you think? I'd suspect the worst that could happen is you experience some blow back.

njswede

150cc
Built some little balsa battery trays for my 89 today. Wanted to be able to easily remove and reinstall them, as they were previously zip tied in on the sides of the gas tank.

View attachment 6174

Did a test fit of the canopy, no problems! I'm happy :)

Hmmm... I may steal that idea for my 72" Extra. It looks like it's going to come out tail heavy and there's room under the canopy.

Manta

70cc twin V2
My red 89 went to its new owner yesterday. Fellow from tenn i believe. Very nice guy and I believe was meant to have it. Sad to see it go but happy it will be airborne soon

gyro

GSN Contributor
My red 89 went to its new owner yesterday. Fellow from tenn i believe. Very nice guy and I believe was meant to have it. Sad to see it go but happy it will be airborne soon

Sorry to hear that. Last time we spoke, I thought you mentioned needing to keep it around a little longer for some tinkering?

If all goes according to plans my 89 with the twin dle 60 should be maiden on sat. I'm just about finished with everything and just have to double check all the servo linkages and set my d/r and expos. Ill post some pics and try to get a video of the maiden.

Manta

70cc twin V2
ya,will just use the one i still have.there is another 50cc in the house of hounds that could be used as well. :cool: no big deal.

njswede

150cc
If all goes according to plans my 89 with the twin dle 60 should be maiden on sat. I'm just about finished with everything and just have to double check all the servo linkages and set my d/r and expos. Ill post some pics and try to get a video of the maiden.

At GCA, I assume? I'll bring my 72 so we can maiden that one too!

dskuro95

100cc
Tooo bad it isn't on Sunday otherwise I would join you. On saturday there is a giant R/C Flea Market in Lebanon PA. I go every year and it is fantastic! You have to get there by 6 am if you want the good stuff! Zmonster97 , bradhoke08, and I are all going.
At GCA, I assume? I'll bring my 72 so we can maiden that one too!