• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 89 slick

Manta

70cc twin V2
So,my life pack got replaced by a pulse 2s 5000 rx lipo today...Good grief them 7955's are fast now!!! i cant wait ti fly it again.. Was too windy when i got the battery and i like to run a cycle or two in my packs on the pl8 before using them..

Well the 89 is finally ready to go. Hopefully all goes well. After 6in snow yesterday and 55deg today I'm sure the field is gonna be like soup. I'm of to the Lebanon Rc flee market then the maiden later today, ill post some pics and hopefully a vid later tonight.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Well the 89 is finally ready to go. Hopefully all goes well. After 6in snow yesterday and 55deg today I'm sure the field is gonna be like soup. I'm of to the Lebanon Rc flee market then the maiden later today, ill post some pics and hopefully a vid later tonight.

Good luck James!

Finally got to maiden my 89 with the dle 60 I only had had about 2 hrs at the field so I didn't get a chance to get it tuned perfectly so after a little tweak to the needles after the first flight the second flight ended in a dead stick. I def got to get used to the floaty ness of this plane what look like I would not make it back to the runway turned into being to fast and ran into the weeds at the end of the runway, no biggie though just a chipped prop and a rudder hinge broke. I'm loving to power of the 60 , just have to spend a little more time tuning, it was hard keeping the screw driver on the needles while it was running. here's a few pics. I'm having trouble getting the vid transferred to my pc , every time I try to open the software it makes windows crash. image.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Congrats on your maiden James, and glad the deadstick wasn't worse than some weeds! once when I ran out of gas on my 89, I also went into the weeds at the end of the runway from misjudging the energy.

So I'm really interested to hear your thoughts on the DLE-60... any chance of a mini-review in the combustion power section? Also, looks like a smoke pump in there! Did you try it out?

-G

Yea I could do a mini review but once I get it running reliable. My weekend time is very limited now, so it might take a couple of weekends for me to get back to the field. My first impression so far on power is im really happy it's def more then the 55. It idles so nice. Funny thing with the smoke after tweaking the needles before the maiden I check the smoke and it was a ton of smoke I filled the pits up and it lingered nicely but once in the air I couldn't get the smoke to work just a putt putt here and there, when I landed I checked the pump and it would turn on but no smoke out the muffler , I haven't investigated any further yet. This weekend I will be fixing her up again. Hopefully I can get the vid up tonight