• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 89 slick

njswede

150cc
Great maiden. I have to admit I was a much bigger chicken than you when I maidened my 72... I blame it on being my first gasser, though.

I absolutely LOVE the "fat" sound that twin is making! Are you coming out to GCA this weekend?

slick repairs ac copy.jpgslick repairs ad copy.jpgslick repairs ae copy.jpgslick repairs ac copy.jpgslick repairs ad copy.jpgslick repairs ae copy.jpg
all of it...its trash...from the firewall to the turtledeck

If you take the time and think about the best way to repair your plane, you will do it.

I made a template for that particular part and then I said the hell with it and built it very simple. Here are some pictures. I scerwewed up and post the pictures twice.I think that this way it is stronger and takes a lot less wood. All you need is a dremel and a xacto knife.
You might jhave fixed it by now.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Very impressive repair Humberto! I think I saw this nearly completed last time I was over, and I was impressed then... Hope to see you with it at the field soon

Thank you Gary, but as I said some where else, it is great that 3D Hobby Shop has the right spare parts to make the job easy.

Great maiden. I have to admit I was a much bigger chicken than you when I maidened my 72... I blame it on being my first gasser, though.

I absolutely LOVE the "fat" sound that twin is making! Are you coming out to GCA this weekend?

That's I'm loving the sound also. I don't think I can make it to the field this weekend.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Got my 89 in my suv today, and it fit easily with room to spare... so much room, I put the 71 slick in too.
I'm working a half day, and then heading to the field at lunch to get my second flight on the EME60.
I figured since I had the stock muffler off from the "incident" last time, I'd take the opportunity to throw a smoke muffler on while I had the cowl off. The smoke system isn't connected yet, I ran the tubbing to the muffler, so I won't have to take the cowl off when I'm ready to lay smoke down!

Can't wait to break in this engine, and then hopefully throw on a Falcon 24x9 CF prop! Oh yeah!

-G

gyro

GSN Contributor
Second flight on the engine is complete.
Sitting down for a minute to let my heart rate settle... WOW!
The EME60 has soooo much power.
It was ripping my 24x8" Xoar a little!
Rpm on the ground was 6550 max, and idle at 1650. Pulled the 89" Slick vertical on 2/3rd throttle!
Really liking this engine so far. Humberto got a little video of me messing around, maybe he'll post it later :)