• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 89 slick

gyro

GSN Contributor
Its got three wires off it...?

One is for the light.

I've got an extra one if you need it... $25

(no, I don't peddle my used stuff all day... just trying to help out a young guy getting started)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I might take you up on that! What does plug into on your receiver then? As you can tell I no nothing about large gasser electronics.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I think I might take you up on that! What does plug into on your receiver then? As you can tell I no nothing about large gasser electronics.

Ok... you want to get two batteries, just in case one fails. In order to use both, you can use a redundant switch, like our friends at Fromeco sell, or the AR9110 powersafe receiver which uses a soft switch. Don't worry, your RX can handle all the juice, and get it to your HV servos. Now, you just need power to the ignition. This is where the IBEF comes in, and it plugs into a spare channel, (I use the gear channel) and it takes that 2s lipo power, and regulates it down to a safe level for the ignition, usually 5-5.3v. It also provides the optical cutoff, that allows you to kill the ignition and thus turn off you motor with your transmitter.

Ya I knew some of that but what I was wondering is what I about batts because I had already bought one of those receiver packs from thunder power but now I found out ill be using that power safe receiver. I guess I'll be selling that sucker.:)

gyro

GSN Contributor
Would a ar9020 work or do you really need the 2 batts? And power safe?

I'm using an ar9010 in my 89, but I do have two batts, and this fromeco switch:
http://www.fromeco.org/Products/04FRCWO-430b/

The two batts are for redundancy, but not required. I use a single batt in my 30cc size.

Make sure you have multiple (at least two) inputs from the battery (through the switch) and into the rx. Each rx plug can only handle 5a MAX. My wolverine switch has 3 outputs, and they all go into my rx.

My 87 that I'm building is getting the powersafe rx. Much simpler!

gyro

GSN Contributor
New home for the 89" in the garage:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363624714.380809.jpg

djmoose

70cc twin V2
It also provides the optical cutoff, that allows you to kill the ignition and thus turn off you motor with your transmitter.

You guys are talking about the Tech-Aero, correct? If so, it provides a "filtered" cutoff...not an optical cutoff.

Filtered means that your ignition is connected to your main electrical system....optical means that it's completely osolated.