• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 89 slick

Av8r RC

50cc
Thanks!

I'm running the DA60. I know it doesn't need to be that far back, but I did it to see of the tank under the spar had less affect on the cg throughout the flight. I was able to get out and fly some today, and really liking the placement of the the tank. KE's felt the same from the beginning of the flight to 12 mins in. Before the coupling would be a little different by the end of the flight.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks!

I'm running the DA60. I know it doesn't need to be that far back, but I did it to see of the tank under the spar had less affect on the cg throughout the flight. I was able to get out and fly some today, and really liking the placement of the the tank. KE's felt the same from the beginning of the flight to 12 mins in. Before the coupling would be a little different by the end of the flight.

Sweet info. I've gotta be honest, I don't notice much CG change on my 89 during the flight, and my big 32oz tank is just in front of the wing tube.
But... I'm not the best 3D pilot yet :)

Letzrock

50cc
Sweet info. I've gotta be honest, I don't notice much CG change on my 89 during the flight, and my big 32oz tank is just in front of the wing tube.
But... I'm not the best 3D pilot yet :)

Wow that thing must have a 30 min run time.

RotorJockey

70cc twin V2
You guys ever find DLE-55 mufflers?

I have 2 of them I'll let go of, a stock and a J-tech pitts from when I had an 89.

Fred

gyro

GSN Contributor
got out and flew my 89 this past weekend. Had bunch of fun, and was practicing on some harriers, and coming in low then poping into a hover (which I didn't hold for very long as I'm still learning). Anyone else fly their 89 this past weekend?

No just haven't had the time to fiddle, I was having trouble keeping the screw driver on the high needle while the engine was running when I did the maiden. So I just left it alone. then turned it a 1/4 turn after the maiden and it dead sticked. I didn't have any more time to fiddle with it that day. So I left it alone after that.

gyro

GSN Contributor
No just haven't had the time to fiddle, I was having trouble keeping the screw driver on the high needle while the engine was running when I did the maiden. So I just left it alone. then turned it a 1/4 turn after the maiden and it dead sticked. I didn't have any more time to fiddle with it that day. So I left it alone after that.

My local friend Drew made a cool music wire tuning screw that we used to tune my planes... But we didn't do it while they are running.
Pain in the butt to make 10 straight adjustments restarting each time.

BUT, maybe 1/4 was too much. I think Jim Smith said about a flat head screw width at a time, or no more than 1/16"

Last edited by a moderator: