• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 89 slick

Looks amazing Beto! How is the yellow one? Heard u had a mishap Sunday?

Yes, my rudder servo burn out. This is the 3rd time I have a servo burned out on the same plane. I can rebuilt it but is going to be a while before I put my hands on it.

I went to test fly my 89 AJ Slick and the flight didn't last 9 minutes, I crashed it again.
I think that all of my radio gear is just as old as me, I need to regroup and restart all over again.
You can see the test fly and crash right here: http://youtu.be/J8kdC6WLkzI

Manta

70cc twin V2
Holy ouch batman!!! That prop stop couldnt have come at a worse time for sure!! So sorry to see that.. Dude you were killing it tho before it quit. I really enjoyed watching you fly it. I hope you get back on the horse soon.

joshgluck

100cc
I went to test fly my 89 AJ Slick and the flight didn't last 9 minutes, I crashed it again.
I think that all of my radio gear is just as old as me, I need to regroup and restart all over again.
You can see the test fly and crash right here: http://youtu.be/J8kdC6WLkzI

Beto

So sorry to see that. I know you've been working hard on getting that one back in the air. I know you will get it flying again real soon. What kind of tx/rx are you running? Looked 2.4 to me..

Thank you guys for your kind words. This past month had been hell for me.
I am running an upgraded 9303 ( dsm2 to dsmx)

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, it was a great flight up till that point. betoperez gots skills :D

Thank you for you nice words.
This morning i found my problem while setting an old plane. When i stared to cycle the throttle servo notice that it was moving very slow and when it was at the closed throttle position it stay there and then it started to move up, at this time i had cycle the tranmiter sitck 4 or 5 times, replaced the servo and the same thing happened, the receiver is new so i got my back up transmiter (a lot easier that having to remove the receiver) bind it and everyhing is working perfect. So i'm getting a new transmiter.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I'm glad you found the problem... but watching that crash had to be the low point of my day... such a nice bird. I have the 70" version.