• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 89 slick

joshgluck

100cc
Without a doubt! I wish I could get to chi town with planes. Im going to be there for business but Im flying in and out commercial and only for a day or two. Any chance youll make NJ FLI?

SnowDog

If you are ever in Chicago be sure to let me know and I'll see what I can do to get you out to my field and give you something to fly! <strike that> let you fly something of mine -- not give it to you ;)

I won't have my 89" Slick until September, so it's a non-issue for now ;)

I looked at ways to get to NJ; I would love to be there, just can't figure out how to make it work since I'm already going to Cape G., Chattanooga, and Fort Smith this summer!

I'm glad you found the problem... but watching that crash had to be the low point of my day... such a nice bird. I have the 70" version.

Very dissapointing. Here is a video of the transmiter acting up. don't have anything against JR, mine is a very old transmiter. It was sent for repairs and an upgrade about 6 months ago.
http://youtu.be/vbfC65BKC5o

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are ever in Chicago be sure to let me know and I'll see what I can do to get you out to my field and give you something to fly! <strike that> let you fly something of mine -- not give it to you ;)

I won't have my 89" Slick until September, so it's a non-issue for now ;)

I looked at ways to get to NJ; I would love to be there, just can't figure out how to make it work since I'm already going to Cape G., Chattanooga, and Fort Smith this summer!

I was in Chicago this entire last week :'( just got home.

RotorJockey

70cc twin V2
Anyone tried an OS GT60 on the 89 yet?

Have had a DLE 55 for a few years now, thinking about upgrading and was going to do a DA 60 til I saw the info on the OS.

Any first-hand experience on a comparison out there?

Fred

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Second-hand info is that the OS 60 is kind of a dud. It has the same backward starting issue the 33 has... not cool with that much power!

SnowDog

Visiting family in the windy city, and in Lake Villa. I'll PM ya next time I'm up there though! I love Illinois. Y'all's weather is really nice this time of the year.

LOL this weather is very erratic...thunderstorms and humidity one day, cool and dry the next.

Lake Villa, huh? that's only 30 minutes from my flying field!

Google Maps: lake villa, il to ringwood, il

Definitely pm me next time you're around!