• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

gyro

GSN Contributor
3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

actually i just soldered up the leads for my MXS with ec5's and got that to work that way

hey since were on the subject of telemetry and esc's whats the normal and maximum temperature range for an esc?

I use my telemetry to monitor the motor, not the ESC. I have my alarm set for 150f.

wedoitall

I use my telemetry to monitor the motor, not the ESC. I have my alarm set for 150f.

i usually do that but im running a CC ice 50 in a wattaplane and thought maybe i should monitor that instead. i did move it to the side of the motorbox instead of the bottom.

joshgluck

100cc
Re: 3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

An excellent day at the field today fellas.. Flew my new to me, and we'll it's almost all new since it was airframe only, 48" EPP Extra and all I can say is wow! Finished building it at the field this morning as I didn't want to miss the chance to get some stick time. Only issue is the omega 130g motor I picked up from Noll and the gang at wram. Seems like the bearing is shot after the first flight. Will be reaching out to 3dhs for some help tomorrow.

As always my trusty 4*40 punched a few holes in the clouds today too. Love that little plane. It's a frigging hot rod too.

Will post pics later after some quality time with the family. Love my wife for holding it down at home so I could shake the man blues from all this northeast weather.

Hope you all had a similar day except for the shotty bearing!

SnowDog

Hey josh...congrats on getting out and flying today! I'm sure 3DHS will make good on the motor. I had a 4*40 a few years ago...that was my "getting back into flying" plane...the next year I sold it to a flying buddy who was just getting started and was ready for his first low wing plane.

wedoitall

i ran across a decent deal on real flight 6, do you think it would be ok to buy a used copy? i can upgrade to 6.5 for free?

wedoitall

ha! i hope its cool. i just bought it, guy says it was unregistered and ready to be re-registered to a new user.

any body need Phoenix? :D

joshgluck

100cc

Thanks snowdog.. It was a blast. If you've got too much rain you should head to NJ! I've got the motrofly and servos o the their way for the 58" Edge. Now that I cleared the epp extra off the bench I can get started on the Slick to make space for the edge, ha!

Checked your profile location and had to laugh. You know I almost ended up moving to crystal lake almost 12 years ago for work. Spent 2-3 weeks out that way trying g to decide about relocating and I just couldn't leave nyc behind :)

Hope you get some of this nice weather soon. I think I even got a sun burn today.