• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

njswede

150cc
I bought a used DX7 about 18 months ago and it's been working out great for me. I replaced the battery as a precaution, but I'm not sure I really had to. They seem to be selling for around $150 including an RX on eBay. Just make sure you get one that hasn't been dropped on the floor or anything like that. YMMV, but it's been meeting the needs I have.

Anyway, IMHO, anything with expo and model memory is a huge leap up from the DX5e.

Hey guys I could use some input. I'm in a dilemma as of which 3DHS plane to buy after selling a few planes and some UM gear. Ill have $600 in 2 months. My choices-
1-40" EPP Edge, Dx6I, RF6.
2- 47" Extra 300 SHP, Dx6i
3- 51 Slick
4-57 Extra 330SC

What should I do? Leaning towards the 57SC.........
what do you have right now? Id say 51" slick, or 47" Extra.

Agreed tje dx6 isnt that good of a radio. If you can swing Dx7 go for it. The 51 slick would be my choice.

Right now l have nothing flying. All my planes are down for one reaon or another. Looks like l will have the 51 back up this weekend as a friend has some 82mg servos l can use for the 51 until l can get the 5085s fixed. Yeah rough week for sure

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
A non-flight condition parkzone spitfire and T28, a UM sukhoi, and a crack yak. I'm selling the two parkzone birds once I replace a few parts and once the sukhoi gets beat up I'll strip it and sell the gear, along with the other micro brick and two 1.5g servos than were in my UMX Extra 300. I'm also seling an FPV camera. Those things will get me about $500, so then I can mow my lawn a few times and get sme allowance to get $600. Maybe ill buy the used Dx6I and a 57SC. But then I need a better charger for the SC's batts, which takes up another $50. Then I need a couple batteries, which is another $50. Looks like I'm saving for a few months........

Oh yeah and guys I can't buy a Dx7. Idk what you have against a Dx6I but it fits my needs perfectly.

njswede

150cc
Agreed tje dx6 isnt that good of a radio. If you can swing Dx7 go for it. The 51 slick would be my choice.

Right now l have nothing flying. All my planes are down for one reaon or another. Looks like l will have the 51 back up this weekend as a friend has some 82mg servos l can use for the 51 until l can get the 5085s fixed. Yeah rough week for sure

About the MG82s: I put some 82MGs in my Sabre X. Are they really supposed to suck as much as they do on that plane? After about 30 flights, I have rudder slop that's worse than any budget servo I've had. Not sure how much it affects flying, but it sure feels weird that I can wiggle the rudder a few degrees back and forth.

gyro

GSN Contributor
3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

Matt, I've got 2 full size servos you can have. I used them in my 74" Edge for a few flights and then went with a high voltage set instead. They're not hitecs, but they'll work fine.. They're digital/metal gear EXI servos. PM me your address and they're yours.

-G

Well i posted that i crahed my 51slick and had a battery die and crash my 71 slick. Killed 2 servos in both planes. I borrowed servos for the 71slick so l could get flying again. So all was going well until this morning when my 71 slick flew by me in a harrier and i smelled something burning. Sure enough my hv120 esc has let out the magic smoke.
So l am down 2 5085servos, 2 7985servos, and a hv120 castle esc. Not a good week for me. There went any plans for a 50cc plane is my near future. Man this sucks

Dang, that's some bad juju you got there. What was your setup on the 71? 8s? What kind?

Motrolfly 5320 300kv lighten version. 19x8 mejzlik prop. Castle bec pro set to 6.7volts. Hitec 7985mgs all around. Setup for 8s with 2 4s 4000mah gen ace lipos.

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
I have decided on a 51 slick. :) 4S 4000 packs for the 330SC are a bit much, but 2650's I can fit in my budget. :) hopefully ill be getting it within a couple months :)