• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

RedTalon

50cc
The canopy ejected in a full-throttle Blender and took out the rudder counter balance. The elevator departed in a harrier tail-drag.
Fixable I'm sure. The canopy is in MULTIPLE pieces and the elevator joiner is broken right at the elevator half.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
The canopy ejected in a full-throttle Blender and took out the rudder counter balance. The elevator departed in a harrier tail-drag.
Fixable I'm sure. The canopy is in MULTIPLE pieces and the elevator joiner is broken right at the elevator half.

Send the parts to me... I'll fix it and fly it with pride :D

The broken joiner can be fixed pretty easy... I used a couple of hack saw blades to fix one on my 70". It was easy and not all that time consuming. The rudder should be able to just glue back together and look fairly decent. The canopy is really the only issue that presents a challenge. I'd be tempted to order a new canopy and just paint it. That slick deserves another shot at life!

SnowDog

Yeah I'm with Nate...a vintage plane like that...you should fix it.

Also, FYI, at the Knoxville FLI Noll was selling one last remaining yellow 51 Slick NIB for $200 as a garage sale item.
Not sure if he still has it or if it sold, but it might be worth asking about. :D

Well the 103 and 104 are packed up in trailer and ready to head out in te morning should meet Fred at Sikeston around 11 am looks to be a good day for flying

So... I munched my 51" Slick at the Ft Smith FLI. Very Sad, but it was kinda cool....

Now I'm torn. Do I replace it (or get a 48" plane) for those Don't-Wanna-Pack-A-Lot times or do I take this opportunity to start saving for a 50cc?
fix it, and start saving for a 50cc :)