• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

working on aluminum trailing edge,

Attachments

• en.jpg
    en.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 403
  • eo.jpg
    eo.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 266
Please bare with me for being late in new postings, I have been concentrating more on the junior Dalotel because this one must fly at the beginning of the season, it is my practice airplane , also waiting on plywood sheeting material for the wings,
Its been a long and very hard winter, here in the Maritimes, we have set a number of record snow falls, records I can do without.
Thank you for your patience.

Roger

I need help guys, or suggestions. I made a bending jig yesterday for the 1/4" landing gear wire for the Junior Dalotel, and it worked great in the trial run using mild steel, but no way it will work for the 1/4" Piano wire. so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

tylerzx9r

100cc
I need help guys, or suggestions. I made a bending jig yesterday for the 1/4" landing gear wire for the Junior Dalotel, and it worked great in the trial run using mild steel, but no way it will work for the 1/4" Piano wire. so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated
What happens if you heat the wire?

What happens if you heat the wire?
not sure, but I think it will lose some of its hardness, whether this is a bad thing not sure. I just got a 1/4" stainless rod, which is stiffer then the mild steel, but not as much as the piano wire. I did try to bend it and I think it will work but the bender I made will have to be redone, its not strong enough LOL oh well live and learn

Toffer77

30cc
Hello, my name is Christophe Gomes and I am from France. I read with attention the evolution of your work on it fabulous French plane that is the DALOTEL. And I look forward to seeing the result of your work. Best regards.
Christophe