• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey your timing is great, I just came back from Kalispell Montana having spent 6 weeks working on this new concept general aviation airplane, and just getting my jet lag back to today LOL so will be back soon with pictures and work,

Roger
Haven't been visiting the threads much lately. Gotta take advantage of the flying weather while ya can, right?

I've missed this particular thread a lot. Now that cooler weather is upon us, I have a few projects to get going on myself. Guaranteed I will be back visiting your progress Roger. I just love this behemoth you're building.

yes indeed I am getting back at it along with so many projects, but that's another story.
The 1/32" plywood just arrived , and now for the work to begin. I have tested with very good results the bending a piece of 1/32" plywood on a small diameter (1/2") piece of aluminum I have, by using Amonia to break down the wood fibers and it works really well but one must always be careful with the odors, they are dangerous. I'll post some pictures later today

Here you can see the extreme bendin around a radius of the 1/32" plywood which is what the wing will be sheeted with

Attachments

• ew.JPG
    ew.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 220