Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  2. Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

59" Aero Plus Corvus Racer Build Thread `From Limitless Aero`

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by AKfreak, Nov 17, 2014.

1. AKfreak

AKfreak 150cc

59" Aero Plus Corvus Racer Minor Build Thread
    [​IMG]

Hey guys, a while back my family won the 59 inch Corvus Racer from Limitless Aero contest. I have been so busy on other projects that I haven't had time to build this. Well last night I gave this project some time and we made some progress. This is a pretty neat model, and Aero Plus does stuff a little different that the other brands I have owed. I will say this is the lightest model I have ever had my hands on.

In this thread, I will review what I see, and offer my opinions. I promise If it's good, Ill say it. And if it's bad Ill say it. With that said, lets get started.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2014
  2. AKfreak

AKfreak 150cc

Reserved

3. AKfreak

AKfreak 150cc

Reserved II

4. AKfreak

AKfreak 150cc

Reserved III

5. AKfreak

AKfreak 150cc

Reserved IV

6. AKfreak

AKfreak 150cc

Reserved V

7. AKfreak

AKfreak 150cc

Reserved VI

8. 3dmike

3dmike 640cc Uber Pimp

Sweet! Looking forward to another awesome akfreak build thread!

9. AKfreak

AKfreak 150cc

Hey guys, I feel a little deflated on this build. As many of you know I am a busy person. I have a family, I run a photography business, and I love RC. I spent a ton of time in RC building, helping, researching, and flying. Well over the last few days, I have spent more than a few hours building this Corvus Racer and trying hard to do a nice build thread. The build thread take lots of effort, but I am happy to do it for 3Drcforums. I also do it for Aero Plus, I do it for Limitless Aero, and not to mention I do it for the folks interested in buying a specific plane, as well as the folks that are faced with building one. I do it because I love to do it, but never for money.

For this build thread, instead of putting up a little info here, and a little info there, I planed to do all the work building the plane and generating content, and then creating an entire thread at once. I never take this stuff lightly, I give 100% effort to do it right. So what the heck is my problem then you might ask. Well let me tell you. Better yet let me show you.

[video=youtube_share;ePTNrlZqkR4]http://youtu.be/ePTNrlZqkR4[/video]

I contacted Kole @limitlessaero via PM yesterday and have not received a response. I am almost certain he will help take care of this problem, but its going to take weeks if not months to get parts from China. I have spent money on servos, a motor, receiver, an ESC and all of those parts are basically worthless at this point. I have parts, but I dont have a plane that I want to put them in. Like I said this specific situation is a bit deflating and one that should Never happen. I guess I should of been a better sluth and see this before I mounted the stab, but even then tons of time is wasted. Well we just have to see how this all plays out.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
  10. 3dmike

3dmike 640cc Uber Pimp

Interesting issue and one I have not come across myself. I'm sure Kole @limitlessaero will have some advice for ya. I have seen guys take a warped wing and unwarp it with a iron or heat gun. Not sure if that would work or if it's even advisable since it's a short length and off by a 1/2 inch.