• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

59" Aero Plus Corvus Racer Build Thread `From Limitless Aero`

oliviersmoo

New to GSN!
My Corvus also had a tie bar. Very hard wood. I will use just one servo for the elevator. Also I will not use 20mm Servos, 15mm very good HV Servos are fine on that size. 20mm is too heavy. I plan 5S3300 and a 200 Gramm 500kv Outrunner with a 16x8 XOAR.

I also have en empty EF Edge 60 in the box. I measured all the weight of the parts. The Corvus is much lighter, around 150 gramms difference. I really like the airfoil. It looks a bit like the airfoil of a 3DHS slick 51. And like the airfoil on my extra 60ccm (Aeroplus).

BTW: I found this Corvus at a new shop: www.modellmarkt24.ch He has almost all aeroplus models in stock. I also bought the edge 76EX.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

I've got an AeroPlus 60" Extra that has the same wooden stab joiner. I am also going to use a single elevator servo.

oliviersmoo

New to GSN!
I had my first 10 Flights with the Corvus. I really like that plane. Its rocksolid in harrier. At first I noticed a tendency of wing drops, then I reduced aileron expo and moved the CG back. It will drop a wing if you push the ailerons too hard, but thats a normal behaviour. High alpha Knife-Edge ist very good too, despite of the lacking SFG's.

But that plane likes rolling the best. Its a rolling monster. Very axial and very fast if you like. And very controlled. I did fly low rolling harriers on the second flight. I have a much better feeling to do this compared to the EF Laser60. For slow 3D I prefer that plane over my Laser60. Pitch-sensitivity on the Laser was better, but maybe my Elevator-Servo was too weak, I changed (afterwards) the servo to a much stronger Graupnter 15mm. Next flights will show. I guess its much better then.

It flies very light on 5S3300 and 200 gramm Outrunner (which is getting a bit hot - Dualsky ES 500kv - 16x8 XOAR). If you use a bigger 280 Gramm Outrunner, I would use a heavy 20mm Servo for the Elevator, otherwise you cannot get a nice rear 3D C.G.

Last edited by a moderator: