• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Laser-EXP

I built my second one in my dad's RV driving to the FLI. I replaced the hinges with radio south hinges. The elevator cut out might need to be enlarged. Mock the tail up first. Use Hinson's doubled sided tape trick for the cowl spacing.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I built my second one in my dad's RV driving to the FLI. I replaced the hinges with radio south hinges. The elevator cut out might need to be enlarged. Mock the tail up first. Use Hinson's doubled sided tape trick for the cowl spacing.

+1 on the 2 sided tape on the cowl! Just redid my 60" extra and it was a POC to get a nice 1/8" gap. Wish I had know that 3 planes ago.
Ditto on the elev cutout. Needed a little trim. Also +1 on the radio (blue) hinges. I sealed the hinges with strips of ultra coat (thanks for the strips Cody). Came out real nice. Have to cut out a new firewall and had to repair a crunched cowl due to a stupid Fun Fly game dumb thumb over the winter. "Stupid is as stupid does"!

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
I will do the Radio South hinges. Will do the double sided tape trick well. It will take me longer to gather the componets than anything else. I will be snooping around Toledo looking for stuff for the build. This one is going to be fun. I can already see the stupidity that will happen. Yeah, it is going to be fun.

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
I hope to get mine done soon. Budget constraints are the worst part for me. Have almost enough for servos and power system. Might be a couple weeks. On the bright side my son just called me. The big brown airplane fairy stopped by!