• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

64" mxs exp

Rcdude hobbies has almost every Xoar prop in stock, and always ships within 24 hours :)

And they are really great to deal with. I have had nothing but great experiences with them. I buy all my Xoar props from them which reminds me, I need a Xoar for my MXS as well.

gyro

GSN Contributor
And they are really great to deal with. I have had nothing but great experiences with them. I buy all my Xoar props from them which reminds me, I need a Xoar for my MXS as well.

Darn right you do! Which motor did you get again?

Darn right you do! Which motor did you get again?

I have the Torque 4016/500 MKII in it. I bought a 16X8 APC and a 15X8 APC to see which one I like better before I invested in a Xoar. I have not even tried the 15X8 because of the power I get from the 16, maybe I should try the 15 though. It always freaks out the old guys at my field they always jokingly yell "Hey I think you need some more power it only took off in about 10 feet, I am sure you can get it down to 5!" Gotta love the old guys. They are pretty funny sometimes. They still hate it when I fly over the landing strip though.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Why not stay with the 16x7? That's the big plus of the MkII motor, that it can handle the bigger prop.
That said, I run a 15x8 on mine right now, and can't tell a big difference between the 15x8 and 16x7.
All comes down to personal preference I suppose.

wedoitall

ordered the props from rcdude fast shipping nice... getting ready to mount the motor in mine and was wondering what are the wood and g10 motor mount looking cutouts for? are the spacers for non torque motors?

gyro

GSN Contributor
ordered the props from rcdude fast shipping nice... getting ready to mount the motor in mine and was wondering what are the wood and g10 motor mount looking cutouts for? are the spacers for non torque motors?

Yes, you need spacers if using the motrolfly.