• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

65" Vyper Discussion Thread

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Oh yeah baby! That was fun. Ran 2 packs through and starting to dial it in. It was a bit nose heavy, but not bad. Moved the battery back some on the second pack and it was much closer. Weird thing is I didn't need to trim the ailerons or rudder at all. Im going to see if I can just move the battery to get the cg I want with out having to trim the elevator too. Lastly, I did this maiden with a 6S 65C 3300mha battery. Plane didn't have a lot of vertical takeoff power and only got 4 minute flight. When I checked the battery after the flight all cells were @ 3.7. So I will be buying some new batteries. Probably some Glacier 45C 5000mAh's 800g, or maybe the 5800's 865g. Think the 5800's would be to heavy? 65 grams difference between the two. Anyway all in all this was an awesome day for me. The wife even had fun. Now it's on to improving pilot skillz. :flyer:

SnowDog

allright bushwacker!! congrats! really glad to hear it! new batteries will be nice...fly as much as you can and enjoy!!!

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Thanks fella's. Got say Im as hooked now as when I started flying Heli's. Can't hardly wait to build my next plane. So let me ask you guys this. If I swap the 17x10 prop I have on there now for a 18x8 that will give me a bit more on bottom end of things right? Pretty sure those are the two props Ken said I can run with this 4320-450 motor.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Yea, going up a little in diameter and down some in pitch will give more thrust in most cases.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Question.

On my radio DX-8 under System Setup/Trim Setup.... I left the values to the stock settings which are set to 5 and Trim Type = Common for all.
My question is should I have set them to 0 or is it ok where they are?

Thanks much...

Bush

The value is the number of steps each trim click will do, 5 is a good starting place. Setting it to 0 will effectively disable the trim tabs. If you find you can't quite get the plane trimmed because one click is too much, then lower the 5. Common means the trims will stay the same for any flight modes you have or haven't setup.