• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

65" Vyper Discussion Thread

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Finally got my airframe back from 3dhs and this time UPS didn't munch it. This one is perfect or as close to as you can get. Hardly even a wrinkle or bubble on it. The Fit & Finish is awesome. So now I just need to put her back together and NOT CRASH this one.

Many thanks to 3DHS for a no drama return and sending the new model back so fast. :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Finally got my airframe back from 3dhs and this time UPS didn't munch it. This one is perfect or as close to as you can get. Hardly even a wrinkle or bubble on it. The Fit & Finish is awesome. So now I just need to put her back together and NOT CRASH this one.

Many thanks to 3DHS for a no drama return and sending the new model back so fast. :clap:

That's great man! Way to go 3DHS!

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Hey Guy's,

Which servo arm did you wind up using on the pull pull system? These Hitec HS7954SH servos came with 2 sizes. The larger is about 32mm and the shorter one is about 26mm. Measured from center mounting hole to center of outer most hole on the arm. I only ask in hopes of taking some guess work out it. Never ran this type setup.

Thanks much.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
The longer one... I have not built that plane before but I'd be surprised if you can get the deflection you want on either of those.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
One follow up question... where are you measuring from? Most of the time we measure the total length but you may be measuring from the output shafts to one end.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Your right I measure from center hole of servo arm where the output shaft goes to the last hole on the arm.
I just did a dry fit. Meaning I didn't crimp the wires down and it looks like I will get about 50 degrees both ways.
So it looks like the longer of the two is the one I need.

SnowDog

Hey Guy's,

Which servo arm did you wind up using on the pull pull system? These Hitec HS7954SH servos came with 2 sizes. The larger is about 32mm and the shorter one is about 26mm. Measured from center mounting hole to center of outer most hole on the arm. I only ask in hopes of taking some guess work out it. Never ran this type setup.

Thanks much.

For the pull pull rudder setup you will normally want a 3" double servo arm arm - you can see from the photo (which is from the build manual) the length of the arm relative to the width of the fuselage.

Vyper-rudder-servo-install.PNG

KEEP IN MIND: the Vyper has a HUGE rudder...you won't need much deflection to see significant impact on flight. I do knife edge flight with only a hint of pressure on the rudder stick.
so if you don't get 30-45 degree deflect on the rudder...don't worry...you don't need it (at least right away).

Based on the way you fly I'm hoping you have the control surfaces with minimal deflection on low rates for your first flights, so the length of the rudder servo arm is not going to be an issue.

HTH
-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Yes it will be some time if ever I would need that much rudder the way I fly or ever as we have seen...LMAO! and I did lower my rates even more. Normal mode DR/Expo on Rud is 60/75 The image below looks pretty much the same as yours. Did you use the arms that came with your servos?

2015-01-24 19.15.25.jpg