• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

71" AJ Slick Building, Flying, and Questions

gyro

GSN Contributor
All my batteries are old worn out crappy king batteries.

I guess I will be going with gens ace or glacier from now on.

Based on my tests, the glaciers are slightly better when it comes to power output, and also a pinch lighter... But both will work better than those crappy kings. I got 20a more (on 6s!) when I switched from zippy to glacier.

joshgluck

100cc
Based on my tests, the glaciers are slightly better when it comes to power output, and also a pinch lighter... But both will work better than those crappy kings. I got 20a more (on 6s!) when I switched from zippy to glacier.

Have to agree with Gary.. Since reading his post on glaciers, I haven't bought anything else. Have been extremely happy with the customer service, speed of delivery, power and weight ratio and price.

Gary I don't think I said this before but thank you for pointing me to dale st epbuddy. Very happy customer

gyro

GSN Contributor
Have to agree with Gary.. Since reading his post on glaciers, I haven't bought anything else. Have been extremely happy with the customer service, speed of delivery, power and weight ratio and price.

Gary I don't think I said this before but thank you for pointing me to dale st epbuddy. Very happy customer

My pleasure Josh. Finding reputable vendors who sell quality planes, parts, and supplies for our hobby was a founding goal of this site. We wanted our site to be accessible to some of the smaller vendors who can't afford to advertise elsewhere, but whose products may actually out-preform other products available.

Manta

70cc twin V2
[video=youtube;Sm_kMfQ3miE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm_kMfQ3miE&feature=em-upload_owner[/video]

Time for a little video love for the 71 slick.. This is from SEFF a couple weeks ago.

SnowDog

well guys I'm late to the party, but I've got good reasons! (which I'm sure no one wants to hear) ;)

Anyway, I just started putting my 71" Slick (red, gasser) together this weekend.
I've got a GT 33 for power. Looking forward to getting this plane built.

Question for everyone: is there any interest in doing a build thread on this airframe? I just checked back in this thread and we don't have one. I know they are pretty straight forward to assemble, but the 3DHS manual still talks about the 70" electric version. Since I enjoy taking pictures while I build, I thought I would do a build thread. Anyone interested?

Last edited by a moderator:

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I think there are people that would be interested in how you do your setup to get a good balance with the heavier OS. That alone is worth a build thread IMO.