• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

71" AJ Slick Building, Flying, and Questions

SnowDog

oops....what is the inverted landing trick? I don't think I know that one...can you take video and do it again? ;)

njswede

150cc
oops....what is the inverted landing trick? I don't think I know that one...can you take video and do it again? ;)

No point in trying to teach you. You have nowhere near the stupidity it takes to pull it off. :) Good news is that the plane will make a full recovery, albeit possibly with a patched up canopy until I can find a new one.

wedoitall

ah just be like a hillbilly and leave the canopy patched. I have recently found out theres nothing like flying a hillbilly hack patch job plane. You really fly the guts out of it then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Does anyone have a spare canopy for an orange electric 71" Slick? I tried that "inverted landing" trick everyone has been talking about... :) The canopies seem to be out of stock everywhere...

If you find any please post the vendor. I hope 3DHS gets one more shipment of parts for the 71" electric. It wouldn't surprise me if they don't since the electric version is now out of production.

njswede

150cc
If you find any please post the vendor. I hope 3DHS gets one more shipment of parts for the 71" electric. It wouldn't surprise me if they don't since the electric version is now out of production.

I just had an email conversation with Noll at 3DHS and the canopies are being stocked as we speak and should be ready for delivery next week.

I have a simple (silly) question, does anyone mind telling me what the height of the tail of this plane is. I want to know if it's possible to carry 70" Slick in my car (Ford Fusion). That is, I can't determine that it's impossible to do. I tried searching, but came up short on information.
Thanks

nsg

30cc
I have a simple (silly) question, does anyone mind telling me what the height of the tail of this plane is. I want to know if it's possible to carry 70" Slick in my car (Ford Fusion). That is, I can't determine that it's impossible to do. I tried searching, but came up short on information.
Thanks

20". FWIW, it fits into a Subaru BRZ :)

ryan_m

100cc
Thanks

I used to fit mine into an Infiniti G35 coupe. Not the 4 door one, a 2 door. You can definitely fit it into a Fusion!
Lay passenger seat flat. nose goes into foot area of passenger seat, tail behind drivers seat.

I used to fit mine into an Infiniti G35 coupe. Not the 4 door one, a 2 door. You can definitely fit it into a Fusion!
Lay passenger seat flat. nose goes into foot area of passenger seat, tail behind drivers seat.

Thanks, Ryan. I hadn't even considered loading a plane like that before. I thought it was going to have to load through the trunk and into the passenger compartment or not at all.
Thanks to everyone for their input.

Last edited by a moderator: