• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

71" AJ Slick Building, Flying, and Questions

gyro

GSN Contributor
I used a 4330-435 on 6s with a 19x8 prop. I thought it was lacking in power but that was because i was comparing it to my RIDICULOUSLY over powered 60'' planes. If i compare it to my 78'' gas powered Extra than the Slick had loads of power. The 4330 wasn't ballistic but it made for one smooth 3D plane. [video=youtube;wjeWA7wHK14]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjeWA7wHK14[/video]

I think that might have been a "6s" opinion. I had mine with the 5320-280 (same watt rating as the 4330) and it was seriously obscene in power. More power than the same plane with a DLE 30 :)

Thanks for the reply guys.

I think that might have been a "6s" opinion. I had mine with the 5320-280 (same watt rating as the 4330) and it was seriously obscene in power. More power than the same plane with a DLE 30 :)

Confused by your wording here, you were running 6s or?

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
So maybe a 4330 with a little higher kv would work well? Ken at subsonic planes (motrofly) does custom motor winds if you think you would benefit from a little higher than 435 for a bit more power on 6s. You would have to talk to him and get his advice/opinion on it. He may have another motor/kv suggestion for it as well... just depends on how much power you think you need. I flew mine on a DLE 35 so I don't have any real basis for comparison. I have flown next to a guy that was flying a hacker and it seemed to do pretty well but my gasser had more punch and I could hover it all day where he had to fly out to let his packs recover after a bit.

ryan_m

100cc
I've ran a couple of 4330's, both 435kv, and on 6s, and on Slicks. The 435 is a really nice kv in that you get a choice in power on it. With an 18x10 you have a very quick plane. Great for high energy moves, pop tops, etc, are awesome. With a 19x8 you get a slower, but more thrust setup that seems to lend itself well to close in, down low 3d. I liked the 18x10 for my current flying style.
If I had it to do again I would probably run the -400 though, and spin a 19x10 on it. I like to tinker, and that kv/prop combo might be just perfect.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I've ran a couple of 4330's, both 435kv, and on 6s, and on Slicks. The 435 is a really nice kv in that you get a choice in power on it. With an 18x10 you have a very quick plane. Great for high energy moves, pop tops, etc, are awesome. With a 19x8 you get a slower, but more thrust setup that seems to lend itself well to close in, down low 3d. I liked the 18x10 for my current flying style.
If I had it to do again I would probably run the -400 though, and spin a 19x10 on it. I like to tinker, and that kv/prop combo might be just perfect.

Great perspective! :D

gyro

GSN Contributor
I agree. I most recently flew the 4330-380 with a 20x10 on 6s in my 74 Edge (now Brian Strachan's) and while it was very nice, it wasn't a rocket ship. 400kv and a 19x10 would have been better.

Manta

70cc twin V2
4325-380-400/410 on 6s with 19x10 prop hums this bird nicely. 4330 with the same kv's will also do the same. i put a 4330 on mine just before i sold it. Altho it did have plenty of power I'm not sure one was better than the other except heat wise. Cldnt get the 4330 hot. the 4325 would get 140-150 in the summer,which aint squat for motrolfly. :)