• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

71" AJ Slick Building, Flying, and Questions

has any body flown the slick with hacker a60-5s I just sold my yak bare airframe so I have everything to get plane in air I felt this set up was sluggish in my QQ yak 73" but it may have been a little heavy or should I sell the power set up also and run on 6s instead of 8s thanks Ben

also if you believe castle link 2678 watts at 86.5 amps with xoar 20x10 wood prop using turnigy 35-70 c 5000 mah packs

gyro

GSN Contributor
has any body flown the slick with hacker a60-5s I just sold my yak bare airframe so I have everything to get plane in air I felt this set up was sluggish in my QQ yak 73" but it may have been a little heavy or should I sell the power set up also and run on 6s instead of 8s thanks Ben

also if you believe castle link 2678 watts at 86.5 amps with xoar 20x10 wood prop using turnigy 35-70 c 5000 mah packs

based on those numbers that's enough power for a 71" slick, that's for sure!.

-G

I have been looking for a nice slick or edge used cant find one (don't want extra because I have aw extra project going now) cant find one I guess I will order one this week I see they are available for pre order I should finish extra but there is something about having everything to get in air make me want to order one plus I love the look of the slick only question now red or orange

skibum44

70cc twin V2
Jackson that motor is 95g (3.35oz) heavier then the motor I run in my slick... My setup I would consider heavy. I put my rudder servo in the tail, so that motor will definitely require a push pull rudder setup. With 830g worth of batteries the extra 95g is a deal breaker for me. I have flown with various battery setups from 12s2600-3300 and it does fine with the heavier batts but it definitely flys different with anything heavier then the 2-2600s (830g). If you are doing limited low and slow the setup will be fine, IMO.

I have flown the BEC pro for hundreds of flights of the 1st main pack in my 12s setup powering HV servos at 8.0V.

SteveT.

100cc
A60-5S is too heavy for the Slick. my new Slick needed the rudder servo in the back with even an A60-6XS. and the 5S is definitely heavier...

Just my opinion of course..

SteveT.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I buy the 6xs do you all think my castle ice 100 will be up to the task. I just kind of bummed right now when I bought this power system it was on list that 3dhs says to run on there slick now I find out its to heavy

SteveT.

100cc
Yes, the ICE100 is sufficient for the A60-6XS on 6S. On 8S, you can go with smaller packs, so, you might be able to use the A60-5S with something like 3300mAH packs...

SteveT.