• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

74" Edge 540

joshgluck

100cc
Hmm that's a good idea.. I thought it was the same spot.. Actually the only issue is I don't have the horn now that I think about it. Didn't come with the plane. Crap. And I just cut the alum angle brackets too. Is it really going to make that big a difference if I leave it pull pull?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hmm that's a good idea.. I thought it was the same spot.. Actually the only issue is I don't have the horn now that I think about it. Didn't come with the plane. Crap. And I just cut the alum angle brackets too. Is it really going to make that big a difference if I leave it pull pull?

It might be much harder to balance, especially with a 35cc motor.

I might have some spare horns, I'll look when I get back to Texas. If I have any, they're yours... If not, im sure another addict will have some they'll give you. :)

njswede

150cc
Probably not. You may end up needing some tail weight, but you might get away with just moving the radio battery back a bit. If possible, dry fit everything and see where the CG ends up and if you can get it balanced by moving the battery. Saves you the trouble of relocating the rudder servo.

njswede

150cc

I might have some spare horns, I'll look when I get back to Texas. If I have any, they're yours... If not, im sure another addict will have some they'll give you. :)

If not, the 72" Extra comes with a ton of spare horns. I bet he can borrow one from his 72 kit!

joshgluck

100cc

Thanks sir! Much appreciated!

Probably not. You may end up needing some tail weight, but you might get away with just moving the radio battery back a bit. If possible, dry fit everything and see where the CG ends up and if you can get it balanced by moving the battery. Saves you the trouble of relocating the rudder servo.

That's a good idea.. I can always see what works while Gary travels back to TX and at least fire up the dle and run some fuel through it on the ground and then relocate the rudder servo if needed.

TO ANYONE GOING ELECTRIC
I have the motorbox extension if needed. Let me know and it's yours. ;-)

joshgluck

100cc
Got a little bit done tonight.. Cowl mostly cut, motor dry mounted and throttle servo mounted. Doesn't sound like much but it took a while since I had to make those alum angle brackets for the dle35. Will post some pics tomorrow.

joshgluck

100cc
Almost almost done.. Wired up the bus tonight and tested all servos, plumbed the tank, put the muffler on, etc.

All that's left is to run the vent and fill, install fuel dots, install smoke system, install wolverines, finish throttle linkage and adjust correctly, install ignition and cutoff, complete the cowl cutting and check CG. Right now I'm thinking I might leave it pull pull. I'm planning on putting the batteries 2 x 2200 glaciers right in front of the rudder servo.. Hope it works.

Here are some pics
uploadfromtaptalk1369116106526.jpguploadfromtaptalk1369116118448.jpguploadfromtaptalk1369116131808.jpg