• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

74" Edge 540

3dbandit

100cc
That sucks Jacob. Are you gonna buy a replacement fuse?

Not sure yet. It needs a fuse, horizontal stab, left wing, and a cowl, and a new kick but graphics kit from Gary.

This was how it looked before the crash.
photo 1.jpg

jmart95

70cc twin V2
Need some opinions/creativity. Gonna get a 74, red is out of stock so I'm gonna get the silver version.
Not a fan of the scheme, gonna make some changes, but keep it race oriented.
this is my inspiration for the scheme http://www.airliners.net/photo/Zivko-Edge-540/1987313/&sid=7aea24c098c12ba97b6d646b6a6e5324
Paint scheme/vinyl idea:

-Gonna ditch the black stripes on fuse and top of wings

-I have an airbrush and am pretty decent with it, so I'll repaint the cowling yellow, with maybe some light orange highlighting towards the front(keep it from being too monotonous), and add the redbull bull on each side

-replace the stock red trim with blue, maybe add a stripe along the fuselage behind the wings/canopy in front of rudder/elevator

- "Red" and "Bull" on the wings like Kirby Chambliss's edge

-"3d hobby shop" on left aileron "fly the best" on right, same color/font as the red bull on wings

-number on each side of the rudder, probably yellow with white trim to make the yellow cowling not seem to out of place and flow with the scheme

-Aeroshell w/ shell logo on the top half of the turtle deck, either Edge 540 or red bull on lower half of fuse

-fly low or edge 540 on elevator or ?

-perhaps do the bottom like this, but leaving the kit's black strips on as well ? http://tranamax.co.uk/images/dubble 540.jpg

anyway, just brainstorming, and want some opinions as to what would/wouldn't look good as well as anything I should do
differently. I know it's all a matter of personal taste, but I know there are some great artistic minds after seeing a few members' vinyl jobs, so I trust your guys' inputs

gyro

GSN Contributor
Wow. Did you recover that or was that a demo scheme?

I changed the wing and tail tips from orange to red, so they matched the production cowl and wheel pants. The blue/white/silver is all original.

Current vinyl:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374024833.910011.jpg

3dbandit

100cc
Soo, i took my edge to a friend of mine who is a professional builder. He is going to try and fix it, but he isn't positive it can be done.