• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 26% 74" Slick540 Build, Maiden Log!

gyro

GSN Contributor
How did you end up with the c.g. If got dle 30 had to space out over 1\4 inch to clear cowl and now I'm very nose heavy.

I haven't measured the CG.

Are you able to move batteries back at all? Surprised a DLE 30 left you nose heavy... Are you using a spinner?

Lazy3d

New to GSN!
I made a tray just behind the cockpit area up near turtle deck for the batteries. But manual says cg should be 6.7 back from LE that's behind the wing tube, seems a bit much. Have 3" cf spinner and 18x8 cf prop for now. I'll post some pics in the morning too if it will help

Lazy3d

New to GSN!
20140124_062612.jpg

Lazy3d

New to GSN!
Cant get more than one pic at a time lol, but that's the battery location for now. I might just go with cg at wing tube I think its to far back per instructions.

gyro

GSN Contributor
View attachment 20669 All I got for now, it is my first gasser and anything I missed yall see

How do you have your plane powered?
I'm actually using 9 channels on mine, and it looks like you have the little ar6200 in there?

1 - throttle
1 - rudder
1 - OPTO kill
2 - ailerons
2 - elevators
2 - power inputs into the Rx

I'm guessing you're using a y cable both on ailerons and elevator, leaving on open channel for power input into the rx, and that generally isn't recommended, as the plug is only rated for 3-5a.

Also, what is that large block on the right of the fuel tank in front of the OPTO kill? Could that be moved to the tray behind the wing tube?

I'll try and get a pic of my inside later.

Lazy3d

New to GSN!
The box is just dig tach, may or may not stay in just mounted it for tuning. Have a venom 6v 3000 for servos and a smaller 4.8v for ignition. I didn't want to Y the elevators but my dx6 has limited mixing as I found out after hours of trying to get the servos to work together I could never get it right. I can get a different receiver but transmitter is out of the budget for awhile. I do know my can muffler is a little bit heavier than the dle muffler but the sound should be a lot better and I read it gives more rpm ? oh and its a dle 30

Last edited by a moderator:

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I just got one from Gary. Showed up at Greyhound this afternoon. Im excited to finish it off and get it flying. I am pulling the gear out of my Aerobeez yak. My setup is a Dle 35ra and power hd 1214th high voltage digital servos. I am using the opto ignition kill that came with the motor from valley view rc. 2s LiFe for power on everything. Auroras 9 for controls. I will try and get it put together this week and maiden this weekend... or sooner ;)