• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aeroplus 60cc / 92" Edge 540 V3 from Limitless Aero

AKfreak

150cc
I heard the da 60 heck most 60's are rough runners. I heard that they gain displacement via a longer stroke, thus more vibration. I think I would just get the da-70 if ifint just go with an 35% plane.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I heard the da 60 heck most 60's are rough runners. I heard that they gain displacement via a longer stroke, thus more vibration. I think I would just get the da-70 if ifint just go with an 35% plane.

Just my opinion, but here is my advice:

Buy the plane you want... Then worry about the engine.

I know you got a nice da50, but you can always get a nice da70, or gp61, or whatever. Airframes are a little harder to pick.

Good luck with your choice!

-G

AKfreak

150cc
Just my opinion, but here is my advice:

Buy the plane you want... Then worry about the engine.

I know you got a nice da50, but you can always get a nice da70, or gp61, or whatever. Airframes are a little harder to pick.

Good luck with your choice!

-G
You know that's pretty good advice. I think I will end up not getting what I really want if I try to fit a da 50 to it. It seems not many of any 3D planes today were built with the DA 50 in mind. Guess Ill stuff on a giant home made foamy.

Thanks Gary, AKf

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I've actually been running the falcon CF 24x10 for the last 30 or so flights, and really like it! The extra speed makes for some violent tumbles and spins, and it doesn't seem to loose any pull down low.

Kole had his 92 Edge flying at the Nall with just the cowl scoop opened so I'm starting with that. The different is his was piped, so not sure how/if that hurt or helped.

I opened up the big canister tunnel exit on mine, and between that and the built in cowl vent (you can see both in the picture) I "think" I'll be ok. Figure I can cut more later, but not really put back ;)

View attachment 23462

Gary did you put a deflector at the back side of the tunnel cutout? Is that about in the middle of the tunnel length?

AKfreak

150cc
Not being available for so long has to hurt the bottom line. Summer is prime flying weather, and they have been out of stock for months so it seems.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Time to test the new cylinder and piston....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408555634.724897.jpg