• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aeroplus 60cc / 92" Edge 540 V3 from Limitless Aero

Id suggest getting a perfect tune on the stock muffler before you worry about the canister. Setup a throttle curve in the radio to spread the power evenly.

As we mentioned, you don't need to add weight. Quit messing with CG on the ground, and go fly! Get all that weight out! :)

Thanks Gyro i will try without weight than.

Can someone point me to a tuning for dummies or some simple steps to do to be sure the engine is well tuned? I'm asking this because at my small field there aren't many people using gas plane and no one have big experience with 50cc aircraft. :crying:

Also for Th curve do you use and expo curve? how do you find the right amount to use? The middle stick = 1/2 rpms? :facepalm:

thanks

gyro

GSN Contributor

Can someone point me to a tuning for dummies or some simple steps to do to be sure the engine is well tuned? I'm asking this because at my small field there aren't many people using gas plane and no one have big experience with 50cc aircraft. :crying:

Also for Th curve do you use and expo curve? how do you find the right amount to use? The middle stick = 1/2 rpms? :facepalm:

thanks
[MENTION=2452]Limitless Aero[/MENTION] is a pretty smart engine tuning guy :)

For the throttle curve, I just set the points for to allow for equal distribution, not necessarily half of rmps, but 1/2 of power. Middle of the rpm range is still probably only 1/4 or 1/3 of power.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador

thanks
Look for a throttle curve function in your radio. I hope you don't have to try doing it with expo.

AKfreak

150cc
First things first. be sure your linkage is set right also. Loosen the throttle linkage at the servo arm. Move your radio stick to 1/2 way, and move the butter fly on the carb to 1/2 way. This will make sure that the middle stick position is at the 1/2 way open position of the carb. Then use the throttle cure function of the radio to make it linear. Good luck...

Yes I have done the linkage that way.

For the TH curve well I have a Taranis and before a 9XII so no problemi, already tried, but I am not sure there is a rule for having a right curve...

For the engine which is the right way to fine tune min max on carb?

Thanks for help guys ;)

No i was meaning low and high needles on carb. Sorry.

Anyway i fly the plane again without weight (only weight add was equal to the cowl),and it is really a blast!!! Very easy on all manouvers and great control authority.

gyro

GSN Contributor
No i was meaning low and high needles on carb. Sorry.

Anyway i fly the plane again without weight (only weight add was equal to the cowl),and it is really a blast!!! Very easy on all manouvers and great control authority.

That's great! Glad it worked for your flying style. It's an excellent airplane.

How much servo torque is needed for the elevators and ailerons?

I have a Brillelli 60cc and some Hitec 5945 servos that I'm looking to put into a new plane and I'm really interested in doing an Edge V3.

gyro

GSN Contributor
How much servo torque is needed for the elevators and ailerons?

I have a Brillelli 60cc and some Hitec 5945 servos that I'm looking to put into a new plane and I'm really interested in doing an Edge V3.

From my experience with mine, those won't be enough. I have Hitec HS-7954SH in mine, and they are just barely enough. The control surfaces on this plane are HUGE! :)