• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aeroplus 60cc / 92" Edge 540 V3 from Limitless Aero

gyro

GSN Contributor
Plane, and engine, did phenomenal. I really dig the oversize controls on this plane, and the GP61 throws it around like a rag doll.
Really surprised by the performance on essentially a new engine (new cylinder/ring/piston).

Couldn't resist and brought it down for some low and slow: completely locked in. Awesome plane!

Yesterday finally i have maidened mine. It was long time it was ready but for job and bad weather on all week ends... it was there on the floor of my garage.

I put 1 Kg on the front to achieve the cog a little in ront of the wing spar. Well i was with no cowl (about 360gr) so the real weight used is about 650gr.

But when the plane was in air it feels really nose heavy i have used much elevator trip and also on turns it was funny, it was pointing the nose a little down.

After 6 min of soft and linear flight just to know the new baby i landed and again it started to rain...

When i came home i reduced the front weight of about 350gr and will see. i hope to reduce it until i have only the weight of the cowl.

The thing i was impressed was the power of the DLE-55 on Xoar wood 22x10 prop and stock muffler on a model that weight 8,2kg ready to fly. The plane was going vertical with no problem. I will try Xoar carbon 23x8 next time.

It was also the first time i used the stock muffler on other plane i had before (MX2) i was running a canister. The power is really good with the stock but from half to full throttle i have the sensation that the motor is already at max. also on middle it is sounding like prrr prrr prrr that is quite funny. The spool up from min to max is good and fast anyway.

Do you think it is better to put the canister or try to tune better on stock muffler?

Thanks

gyro

GSN Contributor
Yesterday finally i have maidened mine. It was long time it was ready but for job and bad weather on all week ends... it was there on the floor of my garage.

I put 1 Kg on the front to achieve the cog a little in ront of the wing spar. Well i was with no cowl (about 360gr) so the real weight used is about 650gr.

But when the plane was in air it feels really nose heavy i have used much elevator trip and also on turns it was funny, it was pointing the nose a little down.

After 6 min of soft and linear flight just to know the new baby i landed and again it started to rain...

When i came home i reduced the front weight of about 350gr and will see. i hope to reduce it until i have only the weight of the cowl.

The thing i was impressed was the power of the DLE-55 on Xoar wood 22x10 prop and stock muffler on a model that weight 8,2kg ready to fly. The plane was going vertical with no problem. I will try Xoar carbon 23x8 next time.

It was also the first time i used the stock muffler on other plane i had before (MX2) i was running a canister. The power is really good with the stock but from half to full throttle i have the sensation that the motor is already at max. also on middle it is sounding like prrr prrr prrr that is quite funny. The spool up from min to max is good and fast anyway.

Do you think it is better to put the canister or try to tune better on stock muffler?

Thanks

Id suggest getting a perfect tune on the stock muffler before you worry about the canister. Setup a throttle curve in the radio to spread the power evenly.

As we mentioned, you don't need to add weight. Quit messing with CG on the ground, and go fly! Get all that weight out! :)