• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aj aircraft 93,73,56 laser

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Thanks Bryan. It is hard not to want one when you watch Andrew fly it. It was great to get to meet and hang out with him for a bit. I think he only flew the plane two or three times at the event but it did get plenty of attention. The rest of the time he was helping other pilots get ready for demos and such. I wish him all th best on this new adventure.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
I'm ordering a 56 in the star scheme as soon as they are available. I'd love the 70 but its just too big for my me, I don't have space to store it. 60 size is about the biggest I can do.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm ordering a 56 in the star scheme as soon as they are available. I'd love the 70 but its just too big for my me, I don't have space to store it. 60 size is about the biggest I can do.

I'm thinking a Motrolfly DM-3615-750 on 4s3500-4000 would be killer on the 56

skibum44

70cc twin V2
A 15x7~8 would likely be my prop of choice on the 56" laser. Maybe a custom wound 3515 or 4315 to take my 6s 2600s. Look forward to some more vids and a AUW. However the 73" is more appealing to me with a custom 12s wind 4330.

Looking at Andrews post about his setup this airplane is equipped just the 51 slick. HS-85 servos and 4s 3300. This means 3615-750. Here is his post from RCG.

As far as the aircraft go I have 2 sizes that are ready to be released to the market, a 56" Laser 230 as well as a 73".
The 56" Laser is setup to run on a Hacker A40-10s Motor on Thunder Power 4s 3300's, I'm using a Talon 90 ESC and Hitec 85mg servos all around. I do not have a accurate weight of the production model but will be posting that tonight. I believe I was able to create a smaller sized model that will give the performance of many 30cc aircraft in a smaller package. The model includes dual ball links on all surfaces.
The 73" Laser that I'm flying is currently setup for Thunder Power 8s 4400's on a Hacker A60-5s swinging a 21x10 prop. I have tested these models on the Jeti Mezon 120 with an internal BEC as well as the Castle Ice 100 with a Castle Pro BEC. Both setups are working very good. I have also flown this plane on a 6s setup and it will be nice and floaty but your flight times will be between 4-5 minutes. With the 8S setup I'm able to get 6 minutes of flying which is a mix between 3d and big open maneuvers.

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Thanks 'Nater! That was a great video. [MENTION=3]GYRO[/MENTION] The DM-3620-750 is right weight to fit the bill but that can is long and not recommended for hard 3d. Am I out of the loop? I want a laser baaaaad!

Last edited by a moderator: