• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

AJ Laser 230z 73" Build Thread

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
DA35 Engine Start Video. Still working on the Flight Video.

[video=youtube;C4-i2hXtuA0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4-i2hXtuA0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I wish mine didn't implode!!! Supatim had it for the build and review and the canopy flew off and embedded itself in the elevator and that was all she wrote for that airframe! But I did get to fly it for a flight when I visited in Washington and wow I was so impressed!

Guys..... I come with this Bad News: I crash my baby.... I feel so mad, sad, and angry with my self.... urrrrrggg

And I don't feel bad, for the money, or for all those nights that I spend building the plane. I feel bad for the stupid that it was.... Naaaahhhh nothing else than Strat Over.

Ok... This is the story.... I live in the City, N.Y., so the closer park that I have to fly this size of plane is about 1 hour to 1:15.... I put all my Birds in my SUV, but i forget the GAS Tank.... Then at the Park I call another friend and he brings his fuel, but, (here comes what I think happens), the mix that I use is 1/30 and he uses 1/50, and something else that he tells me AFTER THE CRASH was "I got that fuel in this can since last season" = last year...... So, with out knew that, I fill up my plane, and it started immediately, I flew yesterday 6 times, perfect, so there's nothing to check today... We don't have runway, is grass, so i went half stick to get some speed and then when the plane was getting some speed i pull my elevator and give more throttle, in that moment the engine start like making that noise like coughing and losing power, i was no more than 12 or 15 feets up..... after that, the engine shut off and try to do ma best but it was impossible, few seconds before i hit a tree at the end of the field... Here you got some pics of the damage.
IMG_4590.JPGIMG_4591.JPGIMG_4592.JPGIMG_4593.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Ouch!! Depending what oil he used, most 2cycle oil has stabilizers in it. But that's a big oil:fuel ratio difference as well. Sorry man, that sucks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk