• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Any Boaters on here?

nebwake

70cc twin V2
Whoa ant! that thing is BADASS! I have always wanted to do some offshore fishing. Here in Nebraska we are about as far from an ocean as you can get, someday Ill make it out for some big offshore fishing. Im not sure I would want to hit the marina for gas in that though! the 48 gals of 87 octane are bad enough in mine!

My first hobby now is boating after I was too involved in RC, boating is relaxing for me, I also have a 300 hp Kawasaki jet ski
8389=3090-image.jpg
8389=3090-image.jpg

8389=3091-image.jpg
8389=3091-image.jpg

Ant

50cc
Hey Snap, a couple years ago I saw your SeaRay at Port Edgewood in Cranston. That big Viking was all the way at the end of the dock.

I met you in Brands hobby one day and we were talking about boat electronics..

DaveCal

New to GSN!
I have a Chaparral SSI 215. Went for a ride last Thursday on the intercoastal and fishing Friday on the Chesapeake Bay. This is from Pirates Cove on the intercoastal.

Dave

8395=3092-20140814_120039.jpg
8395=3092-20140814_120039.jpg

nebwake

70cc twin V2
Snap, I agree that boating is WAY more relaxing and stress free compared to RC. you wouldnt think so, bit with all the drama that surrounds toy airplanes, the boat just takes all the worries of life away!

Ant

50cc
nebwake;8397 wrote: Snap, I agree that boating is WAY more relaxing and stress free compared to RC. you wouldnt think so, bit with all the drama that surrounds toy airplanes, the boat just takes all the worries of life away!

Depends on the environment, for me boating is/was a second job. It can be stressful, while I was running that 64, I also owned a 50 foot Hatteras sportfish of my own, so it was tons of work. Next year, I will now downsize to a smaller 30-36 foot center console and get back to the fun part again.

The 64 has 3 staterooms, all with heads and showers, 6 air conditioning zones, twin 16cyl MTU diesels (2030hp each) 2 diesel generators, watermaker and the list goes on and on and on. To keep all that crap in ship shape, takes a lot of time.

It's a labor of love, makes planes look really easy by comparison..and cheap too.

nebwake

70cc twin V2
Yea I suppose. As soon as you make a job out of a hobby, it takes some fun out. I used to guide some hunts here and there and it was never really fun. Took a lot of the fun of hunting away when you have to listen to people whine!