• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Balsa USA Camel F1

Tseres

150cc
Found the jig for the vertical stab and ruder. I pre bent the pieces for it. The directions say to use warm water and soak the wood for 10 to 20 minutes. Have not tried that method yet. I use window cleaner. It has ammonia in it. I was told by an old timer that the ammonia helps to keep the wood from cracking.
DSC_0154.JPG

DSC_0155.JPG

Tseres

150cc
Started framing up the Stab. Glued everything with super Glue except the laminated outline strips. I glued them with Wood Glue. Also put the other elevator strips into the pre bending Jig. Both sets will be ready for tomorrow. This is the first time I'm doing a laminated outline. Don't have an easy way to do it yet. The way I did it is not hard so I won't go out of my way to improve upon the way I'm doing the rest of the surfaces.
DSC_0157.JPG

DSC_0158.JPG

DSC_0159.JPG

DSC_0160.JPG

DSC_0161.JPG

Super08

70cc twin V2
Looking good Tom, busy at work again. Wicked right out of being off for surgery into working overtime. Nine 12 hours shifts in a row, 6 of them nights.

Tseres

150cc
Thats bad luck. You're tough. You can handle it. Don't over do it.

Did you guys get snow up there. It's coming our way and we may get some Friday morning. It was 81F here on Sunday.

Super08

70cc twin V2
We got a couple of inches but it is mostly gone now. Winter will arrive any time now. My Guess is Nov 7th.
icon_wink.gif

Tseres

150cc
DSC_0162.JPG

DSC_0164.JPG

DSC_0165.JPG

DSC_0163.JPG

I can tell I'm not working fast enough for you two. Sorry . Not! I had to go flying today. Flying gets in the way of building 100% of the time. 

Even with that I managed to glue up the elevators. Plus my son came over for me to help him build his firt plane. He got an old Yak new in the box wit a new DLE55 for some helies. He did good.
icon_smile.gif